Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Now what do I do? (Thx) (Pix)

MysTiK

omg - I'm a Club Member. 8D I just noticed. What do I do now? :D:D Wow, that was fast processing! Only took 800 posts to get it together. Wheeeeeeeee ! sm01 sm01 8D

The number goes up when you come into these forums much. You are now an "Advanced Contributor". I been here a few times myself.

Thanks, eh. :D Ayyy, Wayne. I'm just enjoying the banner that says "Club Member". It feels good to make it real. I guess now I have to learn how to use the site all over again, post pix, and find the other stuff in this little gold mine like the tek articles. It was frustrating not having access to that stuff. Also in show/tell where I couldn't contribute recognition for people's amazing projects. And some other areas I don't have a clue what they are or what happens there. This is like starting over in a whole new game. Reboot... I guess this is my way of making an announcement. Everything is now different. And Rod, thanx for the help way back in those early days; I remember even if you don't. That meant a lot. It's been great just being a forum member. I always tried to help out where I could, learned a lot in the process; but comes a time to get right into it. I think I pushed the limited forum membership to the max. That's a pretty generous deal. And it's a testament to what I often refer to as the spiritual foundation of this site. It should, and it does, work by means of attraction rather than promotion. You crazy people are very attractive. sm01 In fact, based on the daily hours I spend here, it's pretty close to being addictive. Give me some, give me nore, bring it on. I think the basic forum membership is worth the $10. I thank you all for your many gifts. I have huge appreciation for this place. dOd I must also admit that I was amazed when the rules were changed by the powers that be, to allow the posting of pix through links to photobucket, in order to help ensure that people got the help they needed to preserve and restore their 'simple tractors', even though they were not full club members. I used that a little bit; but I tend to consider such pix posted as being unreliable for future reference. Those pix can be deleted (etc.) but I often wondered if this site has a way of retaining such pix anyway - not sure if that's really possible or not. Anyway, those linked pix require some extra steps, and I think it will be easier and faster to post pix direct. Also cool. Or, it's all so cool. I'm just a happy camper. sm03 Later, eh. Graham .

I believe you have been a club member since you paid your first 10 bux. Even with 1 post. You are now however, an "Advanced Contributor". I think I'm listed as a "Challenged Blowhard".

quote:
Originally posted by Brettw
I believe you have been a club member since you paid your first 10 bux. Even with 1 post. You are now however, an "Advanced Contributor". I think I'm listed as a "Challenged Blowhard".
Well be careful about that. We might have to have an elimination contest and the winnwer will be awarded a big bag of wind!:D:D

quote:
Originally posted by MysTiK omg - I'm a Club Member. I just noticed. What do I do now?
Fix your BGB now that you have complete access to all the technical help on the site? ;););) Welcome.

Thanks to all you guys for chiming in. Some of you, directly or indirectly, have been powerful influences for me - a whole bunch of little things, little comments, sometimes just setting me straight - you know who you are. Thanks for putting up with some of my antics - I'm just a little crazy 8) but generally pretty much harmless - although I do get a little close to the edge sometimes. All in all, it's been great and I look forward to lots more as we move forward together. My history, before I got here was kinda reckless; I had a lot to learn about me and tractors, but also had a lot to learn about how to deal with being part of a forum. I am glad that I did most of my messy learning elsewhere - so when I got here, it was easier to know what not to do, more than anything else. Yes, I unknowingly saved joining this forum until the time was right; even though I recall Burntime telling me a long time ago that this was THE PLACE if you are into SimpAC tractors. BT also told me that this like a bunch of guys in a garage, and not some sensitivity group, or some like that, not his words, just mine. I miss the guy; hope he comes back. I continue to be highly attracted by the foundation of this club and it's constitution - that stuff is so important, not only to me, but also to the survival and prosperity and growth of this site and the influence it has on the world. I am easily proud of that structure and evolution; and that's about everyone here. We all benefit from that very subtle power; nobody owns that power - there's no need to claim it; only a need to preserve it. It's instant feedback benefit all around. Brett, I don't know about blowhard; I know sometimes I'm a direct competitor for that title; but I will gladly concede to you or anyone else who wants the reward offered by Bob. :D I also want to offer a personal special thanks to Rokon/Dan. When I first got here, I felt like I had a guide. Pretty much everything I said was wrong; but Rokon, who probably has no idea what I am talking about, very subtly corrected me; but at the same time, he communicated an intense enthusiasm and interest. I formed a strange vision for myself - it was like I was sitting beside someone who really knew a lot of stuff, and he was acting as my personal guide - and the unspoken message was like "watch my example, listen, and learn, and I will help you all the way. All you have to do is try". Not much has changed there. Just offering a little recognition for an amazing member here. And there are some OBVIOUS others. I know who the big guys are; and they know who they are. What's interesting is that more and more great people keep appearing from the background, as time goes on. This is one amazing powerful source of information and experience. Special thanks and appreciation to PhanDad for endless, clean, accurate information. And to RayS - wow - I salute you. And to all those others that I am not mentioning (there are many); know you are appreciated by many. Thanks to the entire Executive Committee for ongoing service. And the others, the Admins, the Moderators, and those Emeritus who have gone before and paved a broad highway for the rest of us to preserve and travel. And Kent, hey. Nice clubhouse. And Bob, the Boss. sm03 On other websites, I would have been banned long ago - indeed, I was, on my way here - just part of my process. But the point is that there are genuine human beings here - and not just human "doings" like at other places. The real beings understand something about real life, the universe, and everything. nuff said. To anyone who is new here - stick around a while - don't leave before the miracle happens. This really is the place you want to be; and for many reasons above and beyond tractors. This is where the ideals of the world are active and visible. Wait for it. It's not always pretty; but it's amazingly real. And the simple rules keep it that way. In simple gratitude to many people, Peace, Graham . crk8 talk about blowhard? :J I'm gonna shut up now - for at least a minute. 4i

My "Boy Tractor" the one that talks. sm03

and My Simp "Pacer" 13.5/34" Hydro WalkBehind - 4" max Mow Height! The Pacer has a Warning decal on it that says: "This machine will climb hills that it is not safe to be on" (or like that). I just say it will climb trees. 8)

Can one be just a bit crazy if they are aware of their condition? Compared to who? Maybe we all are. It may be a contagious disease. Anyway, you've come to the right place.

Its kinda like the first time you see your name in the phone book OO%:):J Its very informative/helpful & fun...... then it becomes routine........ but then you really miss the days you cant get on the forum...... then you HAVE TO as much as possible...... Graham your right, this whole thing is addictive...but cheaper/safer than the alternitivessm00}:)dzXX(

Graham, I definitely remember giving you a little coaching and advice when you first came here. I am glad you heeded my suggestions. You have done well in your dealings with others, and I am glad to see you listed as an Advanced Contributor. May you have exceedingly good dealings in the future and continue to enjoy being a part of this organization. If you need any help with any of the sections of this site that are now new to you, please feel free to ask and I will do my best to be of assistance.

quote:
Originally posted by MysTiK
T I also want to offer a personal special thanks to Rokon/Dan. When I first got here, I felt like I had a guide. Pretty much everything I said was wrong; but Rokon, who probably has no idea what I am talking about, very subtly corrected me; but at the same time, he communicated an intense enthusiasm and interest. I formed a strange vision for myself - it was like I was sitting beside someone who really knew a lot of stuff, and he was acting as my personal guide - and the unspoken message was like "watch my example, listen, and learn, and I will help you all the way. All you have to do is try". Not much has changed there. Just offering a little recognition for an amazing member here.
You're right, I have no idea what you are talking about LOL But your very welcome anyway. I try to help whenever I can, since every time I look for help it is always here. I've been here a long time, had my "ups and downs", seen a lot of people come and go, even come and gone myself ;) Life happens... I've visited many forums, looking for info on this or that, and I have not found anywhere another club like this one. Nowhere have I found such a diverse group that interact so well together. there are no "classes" here that I've seen. Where else can you find everyone from bums, farmers, doctors, lawyers, engineers and most every other profession, BS'ing and having a beer together? I was absolutely amazed to see the diversity when I first came here, and by speaking of classes, I have no intent to "ruffle any feathers". If I had to "classify" anyone in this club, everyone would fit in the same class of "collectors and enthusiasts". Regardless of income, profession, or so called "social class" the only people I've found here are "real people", down to earth with a common interest, and I'm proud to call every new member I meet a new friend. This club was, is, and continues to be a refreshing twist on life. :D:D I rarely get up on my soap box, so I'll get down now ( I'm afraid of heights) :O:D:D:D