Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Nice B12 Parts Tractor & Deck

GLPointon

Since I found my B12 I've been looking for an OEM B12 seat. And after I found out from Dan (rokon) that a 42" deck is the size I needed to find. I've been looking but didnt have one with the FDT lift attachment on it. I got lucky from member Chris D. (bigbargin) He was going to sell me the seat, grill chrome & mower deck(in pcs.) But after I made the 1.5 hr trip to see it, he told me to just take it all! and at a Good Price too...Thanks again Chris!!

The seat frame is in good condition, But I'll have to give Mary a call for some cushions

The mower deck is solid as a rock, needs to be reassembled but has good rollers & covers, it only needs 1 spindle replaced.

Other than some green algae/moss this tractor is clean & solid

The Engine is another story XX( But I'll add it to the "future rebuild collection"

Well Greg, It looks like you have some work for Mary Gearhardt also! Which spindle are you looking for? Wayne

A little squirt of bleach will take care of that moss. The rest of the body looks extremely solid, with only minor surface rust in a few spots that'll buff/sand off no problem. As for the motor, just tear it down and have the block acid washed at a machine shop and it'll look good as new. In all, from what I can see that one's in relatively good shape and could be resto'd fairly easily. Almost kinda sad that it's become a parts tractor. Though, everybody does need some good parts.

I agree, I'm against parting out these tractors unless they have bad rust or alot of damage...I thought about a resto but this is missing alot of small parts and E-Bay would kill me on part costs. But I'll make good use of everything or share/sell/trade.
quote:
Originally posted by huffy
A little squirt of bleach will take care of that moss. The rest of the body looks extremely solid, with only minor surface rust in a few spots that'll buff/sand off no problem. As for the motor, just tear it down and have the block acid washed at a machine shop and it'll look good as new. In all, from what I can see that one's in relatively good shape and could be resto'd fairly easily. Almost kinda sad that it's become a parts tractor. Though, everybody does need some good parts.

If your serious about a resto, skip ebay and give me a list of small parts. I'll see if I have everything (bet I do) for a 1 package deal cheap.

Thanks Dan I may take you up on that. But I really dont want to resto 2 B12's... But it really does have too much potential to bone-out. For now I'll just wait. I MUST get my "Power Steering/7116" resto project done next. Then I'll start on the B12 this winter...

Wayne the spindle housing is cracked for the center "drive spindle" and the shaft is gone too. Do you have an extra for sale/trade? I have a couple parts decks I need to check first but let me know if you do...Thanks sm01
quote:
Originally posted by GrincheyOne
Well Greg, It looks like you have some work for Mary Gearhardt also! Which spindle are you looking for? Wayne

Sorry Rob I cant sell it yet till I figure out what I'm doing with it. Are you doing a restoration? you had no pics on your home page?
quote:
Originally posted by Robert Kehoe
Hey Greg, Would like to sell the screen out of the grill. Thanks Rob..

Greg, You are in luck! Of the seven spindles I "harvested" this weekend, The center spindle from the 1968 42" deck is the best; it spins as well as it did when the deck was banished to the barn in 1988. Since I came up with a source for the 108202(7013313) bearings for $4.95. Z9504B Bearing 3/4"x1 25/32"x39/64" inch Sealed Z9504RST Ball Bearings. I should have 8 arriving in a couple days. I did not begin to break down the spindles from the 42" deck, so it is in one piece, just missing the mounting carriage bolts. I can't think of a hot item on my Santa list right now. So I'll take a photo tomorrow (barring rain), and if you remain interested, I'll let it go for shipping cost (Likely USPS Flat Rate). If you don't mind the aroma of PB-Blaster Got most sizes of boxes on hand. I'll PM you. Wayne

Thanks alot Wayne, I'll be in your debt, If you ever need anything I've got just ask. Can you send me the scorce for the low priced bearings too...sm01
quote:
Originally posted by GrincheyOne
Greg, You are in luck! Of the seven spindles I "harvested" this weekend, The center spindle from the 1968 42" deck is the best; it spins as well as it did when the deck was banished to the barn in 1988. Since I came up with a source for the 108202(7013313) bearings for $4.95. Z9504B Bearing 3/4"x1 25/32"x39/64" inch Sealed Z9504RST Ball Bearings. I should have 8 arriving in a couple days. I did not begin to break down the spindles from the 42" deck, so it is in one piece, just missing the mounting carriage bolts. I can't think of a hot item on my Santa list right now. So I'll take a photo tomorrow (barring rain), and if you remain interested, I'll let it go for shipping cost (Likely USPS Flat Rate). If you don't mind the aroma of PB-Blaster Got most sizes of boxes on hand. I'll PM you. Wayne