Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Fluid injection

fomoco390

Hello Kent re: message 2533 i went to order the napa tool(90-234) and realized that i need some sort of injection device to fill the tire with windshield washer fluid. any recommendations? there is also part number 90-235 seems to be for the same type application

That tool (90-234) is the adapter that fits the valve stem to put fluid in your tires. One end connects to the valve stem, the other to a garden water hose. I happened to have an adapter that fit the 1 gallon bottles and connected it to a short piece of garden water hose, about four feet long. No other tools or devices are needed, other than a tool to remove the valve core from the tire's valve stem. I put the jug up on something to hold it above the tire and gravity did the rest -- but it took a few hours per jug....

The adapter for the bottles was actually a plastic gas can lid that had several pieces to it, so it could be used on different gas cans. One just happened to fit the fluid bottles. Can't speak to a quicker way than what I used -- the first jugs went quick, but the last jugs took a while. You can put between 5 and 6 gallons in an 23 X 8.50 X 12 rear tire.... Fill them only to the level of the valve stem, with the wheel standing up and the valve stem at the top. You need air in there still to be able to adjust pressure and allow for expansion and contraction...

This is my opionion only. I do not put any type of liquid in wheels tubeless or tube-type. Over time the wheels rust from the inside-out. I prefer adding wheel weights and make a rear carrier for added weights. Good luck however you do it..