Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

How to make it rain

huffy

It hasn't rained here in so long I can't remember. This morning before leaving for work I sprayed a coat of paint on some parts, and left the rack they're on sitting outside my garage thinking the hot sun would get them nice and dry by the time I get home tonight. A half hour later I looked out my office window and noticed it was pouring. It only lasted a few minutes. Not long enough to help revive my lawn, but probably long enough to ruin my paint.

If you have more parts to paint, you could earn a fortune taking them around dry parts of the country and put on fresh coats as you go.

Thanks Chris! Been needing the rain for quite some time. I appreciate all the help ;)

quote:
Originally posted by Talntedmrgreen
Thanks Chris! Been needing the rain for quite some time. I appreciate all the help ;)
I do what I can. It's a Karma thing.

All I did was mount my new "bearing-splitter puller" on the 36" mower arbor, and we had 0.8" of rain, and a "light show" with "percussion"!sm01 Wayne

Chris, Here is my failsafe method. Just pick up the tool tray from the garage and carry it out to the work-staging area... Here are two examples... Saturday's 3/4" rain - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXDSmLQIiRE[/url] Monday's 1/4" rain - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TL2OK0YFBVo&feature=colike[/url] GARANNTEED!:o) Wayne

Actually, Wayne, the wet paint method seems to have worked pretty good. It's been raining fairly regularly over the past few days since I did that. I even had to break down and mow the lawn yesterday afternoon for the first time in weeks. And, right after I finished we got another pretty good shower. It'll still take quite a bit to revitalize my lawn, but it's helping.

Last night we got over 2 inches of rain the bad thing there was hail with it and strong wind .We did get some rain last week so I was able to go out and mow the lawn.Bad thing is the pumpkins look like crap and the cucumbers have very few leaves on them broke a few branches on some trees in the yard . Is nice to see green again.Bob near Green Bay