Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
huffy

A matter of nomenclature

huffy
I bought a B10 from Josh (TalntedMrGreen) to mount my loader on. The motor was bad, so I'm upgrading to a 12hp that I got from The Ocho (Osenga). I'm also switching from the narrow B10 front tires to the 16x6.50-8's like were on the B12 for increased strength/stability for the loader. I'm far enough along in the referb that I need to get my new decals ordered. Any opinions on whether I should stick with B10 decals, or go ahead and re-label it a B12? I'm leaning toward the latter.

Kent
What can I say? I have one with HB-216 decals on it... :O:D Really, the only thing it sounds like you're missing is the unique, high-back B-12 seat... However, you may regret swapping out the front tires/wheels. Loaders make a tractor very hard to steer due to the added weight on the front tires. IMO, you're moving in the opposite direction... I added the "poor man's power steering" mod to the one I had, changed to 4.80x8 tri-ribs, and changed the steering gear to the round cast-iron ones from the 9HP Landlord/Old B-10, all to make it easier to steer...

rokon2813
I agree with Kent on the tires, however. Yo are the one that needs to be happy with the tractor, label it how you want it to look. I have a "Late B 10" built from parts from 8 different tractors and I don't think any of them were late b 10:O:O And a "Montgomery Wards Squire 9" that started life as a Simplicity 2012 :D:D

RickS
Chris, I would label the tractor how you see fit. No serious collector that only wants a 100% original tractor is going to want the tractor after you finish with it. And everyone on this site is going to want you tractor, no matter how you label it, once you finish it. (I mean who won't want a loader on a tractor.) Label it how you want and enjoy it. Rick.......

GLPointon
I agree do what YOU like... But I think the first thing that "Pops" on a nice B12 is that unique seat. I just found one to overhaul for mine and it wasnt easy... Good luck, cant wait to see it with the loader/done sm01

Kent
Personally, I like the yellow engine and running gear look of the Big Tens more than the "Bumblebees"... [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/images/big_ten/loader.jpg[/img]