Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Have you heard of a Panzer tractor?

simple-kid

I know this isn't a AC or Simplicity but these are very cool tractors. They come factory with a Chrysler shortened up rear end. Some of you members may know about these, any info on the panzer's would help me on a potential purchase on one. HAHAH tell me if this is crossing the line on a AC and Simplicity forum. LOL Thanks Nick

Panzers are cool. I do not own or know anyone that has one, but I have read up on them and would like to someday ad one to my shed. I occasionally see them around here in varying conditions and prices.

I certainly wouldn't mind having one in my garage!
[img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/attach/Mack/IMG0062.jpg[/img]

I think they went around to junk yards in the 1940's and 50's and bought Chrysler rear ends and shortened them up to fit the tractor. I think they had a plant in Martinsburg, Va. and one in Pennsylvania. A neighbor has one. jh

I don't remember who, but I think there a couple members who have some. Did you try a search of the archives?

Panzer didn't last long, but is a pretty well known brand. Here's some history for ya: http://gardentractortalk.com/_/history/pennsylvania-panzer-garden-tractor-history-r102

They are highly sought after, at least in any GT circles I've run into. PA is about the best place to find one, and I've heard OH is 2nd best for tracking one down. They are neat machines, and up here only 1 or 2 pop up at a show.

One thing I've always found interesting about those tractors is the company's choice of the Panzer name for it. Given that they were marketed relatively shortly after WWII, I would not have thought that such a name would be very popular in the States at the time.

I believe the first WheelHorse tractors used Model A Ford rear gears. I wouldn't mind a Panzer or 2....

The guys calling me on the one on the tractor in the pic. I may be able to pick it up. I hope I can. My friend used to have one and he pulled it over and it back fired and started spinning the motor the other way. LOl

There was the Co Par Panzer and the Pennsylvania Panzer. Can anyone enlighten us on the difference?? I used to know but have gotten older.

Yah there are two kinds, your wright. I would like to know the difference to. Yes those little bantam tractors are cool too.

quote:
Originally posted by toomanytractors
There was the Co Par Panzer and the Pennsylvania Panzer. Can anyone enlighten us on the difference?? I used to know but have gotten older.
The company was sold. I looked it up. Huffy's link above has a very good short article on the history.