Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
huffy

Speedex 1630?

huffy
I know it's not a Simplicity/Allis, but this popped up on CL today and looks kind of neat. Does anyone know anything about it? I'm not strongly considering buying it (got enough projects right now), but am curious. http://nmi.craigslist.org/grd/3174710153.html

rokon2813
they were a very good tractor in their day. 700 is a bit high with no attachments, but the hydraulic lift is fairly rare so maybe not too high. They are very collectable to the right people. I think that model would be a little "newer" than most of the collections I've seen around here.

huffy
Yeah, the fact that it doesn't come with any attachments is kind of why I'm not too serious about trying to buy it. That's the first Speedex that I can recall popping up for sale in this area in the past 2 years or so that I've been interested in tractors. So, my guess is that I'd have a tough time finding any attachments for it around here. But, the fact that it's the first one that I can recall seeing for sale around here also kind of intrigues me.

rokon2813
they are a little more common around here, always a couple at any show, and come up for sale fairly often. I think there are a couple on CL now. As for attachments, I think that has the small 3 point, (category 0?) so many brands would work on it, Brinly, David Bradley, Sears , Roper, cub Cadet, even green as long as its category 0 The front and belly attachments might be a little harder to find, but they are around. If I'm not mistaken they were still made into the 70's or 80's

rokon2813
quote:
Originally posted by rokon2813
they are a little more common around here, always a couple at any show, and come up for sale fairly often. I think there are a couple on CL now. As for attachments, I think that has the small 3 point, (category 0?) so many brands would work on it, Brinly, David Bradley, Sears , Roper, cub Cadet, even green as long as its category 0 The front and belly attachments might be a little harder to find, but they are around. If I'm not mistaken they were still made into the 70's or 80's
I am mistaken LOL again. 1999 was the last production year. http://www.speedextractorinformation.com/

MysTiK
The name is a real hook. And a 3ph, 5bolt front wheel. nice pix. A guy could buy this and join a parade anywhere. I think it's really cool. After getting mind-boggled by all the ownership changes mentioned in the links, I kinda wonder if this is really a 1966 - something about the round hood changed to a 'more corrugated' hood - in the 70's?? Of course, the hood might have been changed - who knows. Maybe a lot of alien parts???? It looks like a travelling tractor on it's way through perhaps many owners, hard to say. Too bad the ownership changes and competition seems to have killed it. Some people obviously loved it. And it hung on until just over a decade ago. Buying the name? Priceless. Don't let 'simple kid' see it. :D Thx for the tour. Very interesting. Nice for the pix collection too. And a dramatic read. sm01