Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Snakes

huffy

Has anyone tried any of the various snake repellents available at HD, TSC, Lowes, etc? Got any feedback/recommendations regarding any particular brand? I've found a couple skins near the back steps to my house. I'm pretty sure I've got one or more snakes living somewhere under the steps or in a hole or something up under the siding next to the rim joist.

"Billy the Exterminator" will relocate them for you. :D:D Anyhoo, have you seen the snakes?? are they poisonous?? About how long are the skins? I'm wondering if a live trap will hold a snake?

quote:
Originally posted by timflury
"Billy the Exterminator" will relocate them for you. :D:D Anyhoo, have you seen the snakes?? are they poisonous?? About how long are the skins? I'm wondering if a live trap will hold a snake?
I have not seen the snakes, just the skins. We don't have many poisonous snakes here in MI, so I'm assuming they're one of our harmless species. I'd say the skins are about 18 to 20" long, but haven't measured them. I'll try to take some pics this afternoon and post them.

I found that I can deter black snakes from entering the garage (under the door), and under the basement door by laying down a line of Lime by the doors. I don't know about other species (like copperheads, rattlers, etc.) The "blacks" here get to be 4-6 foot in length. Wayne.

I dont like snakes and i wont pick them up. but i like to watch them. i have lots of garter/gardner snakes around my house, under deck, porch and around garage and some are inside the shed. if they eat mice and bugs ill leave them be^. and also a shrew will kill a mouse that invades its territory.