Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Auction results

JordB110

It sounds like a springfield tractor. Do you have any pics of this stuff? What is the david bradley tractor? I have one that is a 917.57561. Andrew

I went to the auction with the 5 unknown walkbehinds. They had been sitting a while and most had a good supply bird dirt to go with them. I bought one for $17.50, snow blade included. This must have been one he used, no bird dirt at all. All other unknowns brought less than $20 I think. I also bought two sickle bars, $7, one for the walker and one for parts. They appear to be the same or very close to the Haban ones, although I have not compared them up close. I bought a David-Bradley walkbehind for $35 and D-B cultivator for $1. Two 40lb. wheel weights for the D-B, $5. There was this thing called a Bunton Trimmer, a small engine mounted on a 3-wheel cart with about a 10in. blade, we bought it, $10. Good Knipco kerosene heater and parts unit, $20. Will be great for winter projects. Old antique Vornadofan, $6, for the summer projects. The worst thing was an old Lambert rider that sold for $2. I bid but the auctioneer didn't see me. Ugghhh, I am still p***ed at him for that. The best buys, an old I think Wisconsin engine, again must've used it since it was all painted up and had good oil, $2. I bought a Chaparral two-cylinder snowmobile engine, can run on pure ether, started right up after sitting 10 years, $3. I think a project tractor is in the works. Chad, about the lawn cart, there wasn't one. The unknown walkbehind has a Clinton engine. There is a gear reduction box/case bolted directly to the engine. Then there is a two-speed v-belt drive going back, then a chain going down to the wheels. If anyone has any idea what brand this is, or want more details, please say. The Chaparral is model G-50B, 484cc. If you know details on this engine or know a place to get them, please let me know. Thank you, Jordan

I don't have any way to send pix yet but when I do I will let you know. I have have David-Bradley 917.575100, 5HP Special. Jordan