Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Need Pics of GTH-L & late 7100 Sovereigns?

GLPointon

Hey guys I need some clean/clear pics of Simplicity GTH-L or late model Sovereigns (7100's?) with the orange hood, black frame, grey wheels (I think?) and original type decals... I need to copy, I'm going to paint my 7116H with this paint/decal style. There is none of these on the "SimpleTractors.com" Simplicity page (new for 1983 is the last entry) and I can't find very many pics in the forums... I remember Phandad had a beauty that was repowered (I think) and I'm sure there is ALOT more out here. So PLEASE post your "models" if you got 'em Also: is the "orange" on these models the same as whats on the 7000 series? I hope so...I've got plenty Thanks.........sm01

Nice, thanks Brett, whats that model called? Is it a GTH? does it have decals on front frame & back of seat or fender too? The models names, decals & wheel paint changed due to that basic design being in production for so many years. sm01

Brett's pics are of a 17GTH-L. Here's my 17GTH-L "as bought":

And some other pics after the repower:

I never touched the decals.

Greg, One of my YouTube buddies in Silver Lake WI, I moving on 15 Aug. He has a 17GTH (I doubt he will be taking it along. You can contact him at byrm31@gmail.com. His name is Matt. Cheers, Wayne

Just as an FYI. I am not sure if they made a 17 GTH. They did make a 16 GTH, and that is a completely different tractor than a GTH-L. The -L is important as I believe it designates Large frame. So if looking or conversing about a tractor and thinking Sovereign series, it would be a 17 GTH-L, which is what Bill and I have pictured.

Thanks Brett, I knew the diff.. I asked about a GTH-L to convert my 7116 to. Yours looks great. Does it look the same as Bill's on front? They had no decals on the lower "mule drive" area or the headlights?? I want to order all the corect decals so any info is good sm01
quote:
Originally posted by Brettw
Just as an FYI. I am not sure if they made a 17 GTH. They did make a 16 GTH, and that is a completely different tractor than a GTH-L. The -L is important as I believe it designates Large frame. So if looking or conversing about a tractor and thinking Sovereign series, it would be a 17 GTH-L, which is what Bill and I have pictured.

Bill, your tractor looks great. I wish I had that engine. Thanks for the name info & the rear decal veiw. Did they not have ANY front decals??? Also do you know the other question: is the "orange" paint on the GTH-L the same as the 7000 series orange paint? Thanks for your help sm01

Wayne, thanks for the tip sm01 PS...I did get the spindle [Thanks Buddy!!] and your gas tank is in route now...dOd
quote:
Originally posted by GrincheyOne
Greg, One of my YouTube buddies in Silver Lake WI, I moving on 15 Aug. He has a 17GTH (I doubt he will be taking it along. You can contact him at byrm31@gmail.com. His name is Matt. Cheers, Wayne

As far as I know, there were no decals on the "mule drive" area. As to the headlights, I believe the black rectangle surrounding them is a decal, not paint. Also the on the front left of the seat pan, the silver object under the "17GTH-L" decal is a dealer sticker. Also a dealer sticker on the left rear of the seat pan. The "ID Tag" is on the left frame at the middle of the engine and can be seen best in the last pic. Simplicity "deep orange" paint code is 1685611/2 (spray vs qt) and the "white" code is 103049 per the owners manual. Are they the same codes as the 7000 series? The 17GTH-L mfg # is 1691957 and I believe the parts manual shows all the decals.

Thanks Bill that is very useful...I will check the paint # and download the decal page...sm01
quote:
Originally posted by PhanDad
As far as I know, there were no decals on the "mule drive" area. As to the headlights, I believe the black rectangle surrounding them is a decal, not paint. Also the on the front left of the seat pan, the silver object under the "17GTH-L" decal is a dealer sticker. Also a dealer sticker on the left rear of the seat pan. The "ID Tag" is on the left frame at the middle of the engine and can be seen best in the last pic. Simplicity "deep orange" paint code is 1685611/2 (spray vs qt) and the "white" code is 103049 per the owners manual. Are they the same codes as the 7000 series? The 17GTH-L mfg # is 1691957 and I believe the parts manual shows all the decals.

I happened to ask a long time local dealer what the 17GTH-L decal really meant, if anything. His senior mechanic and long time parts guy were there as well, and none of them really had an answer. I let the question roll around in my head for a few days (sometimes it's not real crowded in there) and finally arrived at my own personal meaning. I have no idea if it's "correct" but it sure fits: 17(HP) GT (Garden Tractor) H (Hydro)-L (Hydro Lift)

Darryl your very close to what I've heard to be the definition (I think?) GTH-L "Garden Tractor Hydrostat- Large frame" Maybe was "Hydraulic"???...at least it made sense to me sm00
quote:
Originally posted by DarrylF
I happened to ask a long time local dealer what the 17GTH-L decal really meant, if anything. His senior mechanic and long time parts guy were there as well, and none of them really had an answer. I let the question roll around in my head for a few days (sometimes it's not real crowded in there) and finally arrived at my own personal meaning. I have no idea if it's "correct" but it sure fits: 17(HP) GT (Garden Tractor) H (Hydro)-L (Hydro Lift)

Thanks Brett, thats a nice lookin machine. dOd ? I still haven't found out if the "orange" paint on the GTH-L is the same as on the 7000 series tractors ?

No, The Deep Orange is not the same as on the the 7000 series tractors. The diagram above list the paint name, part number and the years it was used.

Thanks Ray...thats good & bad news. Bad because I already have a load of Simp-Red/Orange from my 7000 series and attachments Good because I just found a pic of a "newer" GTH-L model (pic below) and I like the paint/decal, it must be on newer models too This Decal has a curved blue line vs. the straight line on others & has the newer "Simplicity symbol" next to the name "Simplicity" I want to order this paint & decals...Ray gave me the paint #'s but does anybody know the MFG# of the tractor shown below?? If so I would be happy to get it so I can order the Decals...Thanks sm01

Nice looking color/decal combo...

Greg, I happen to be doing a17GTH-L right now also. I am going with silver wheels and the decals you last posted. Here they are [url]http://www.clickitandstickit.com/simplicity-sovereign-1998/#[/url] John U

Thanks John...Just what I wanted :D He must have just added those decals because I just searched every Simplicity decal on his site a few days ago.?(unless I missed itsm00) I saw the other smaller decals are still available from Mfg or partstree.com too, like the headlight, dash, console, etc... Ray turned me on to the "special" dash & decal you need if your adding power steering. I need a lead on the silver wheel paint? or a rustoleum type look-alike?
quote:
Originally posted by midnightpumpkin
Greg, I happen to be doing a17GTH-L right now also. I am going with silver wheels and the decals you last posted. Here they are [url]http://www.clickitandstickit.com/simplicity-sovereign-1998/#[/url] John U

Greg, This is what I used on the Wheels. [url]http://www.amazon.com/Rust-Oleum-7277830-Metallic-Nickel-11-Ounce/dp/B000MRQCCG[/url] I used your favorite ACE Orange for the Orange parts and Rustoleum Semi-Gloss Black on the frame etc. I will post some pictures in a day or two. John U

The wheel paint I used is AGCO pearl grey from an AGCO dealer. I bought mine in a quart but I believe they have aeresol cans as well. You are going to love this but the John Deere Sabre silver is a very close match. I know John Deere. There paint is made by Valspar just like AGCO`s and is a 1/3 the price. A couple of weeks ago I tried to get some black paint from my AGCO dealer and he didn`t want to order because I wanted one quart and when he places the order they ship him four in a box. It is over $25 for a quart now and I got the same black paint at JD for 10 bucks and only had to drive 5 miles instead of 40 to get it. The AGCO pearl grey and part number is in the manual below. http://www.agcoparts.com/Library/upload/79023609V---Heritage---Allis-Chalmer.pdf