Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

good price for a 314

broad728moor

I have a chance to buy an Alice Chalmers 314, the owner says it runs good and doesn't smoke. The only attachment is a home made belly grader blade. And what transmissions were avaliable with these, a hydrostat, shuttle, and variable? All I've seen of it are pictures and the controls don't look the same as my shuttle on my 410, but there is a 4 speed shifter. Any info will be greatly appreciated.

[img]http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv203/Desperado-01/photo.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv203/Desperado-01/photo-1.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv203/Desperado-01/photo-2.jpg[/img]

Looks to be a 314 Variable. Mule drive looks to be in place so you could use the mower deck from your 410 on it. No upgrades like electric lift or PTO. No headlights. Don't think I would go too high on it.

Link below says there was 314, 314D and a 314H. From the spec. sheet it appears that there was only the vari speed and hydro. http://www.simpletractors.com/models/ac_300_series.htm

No deck for the 410, just a dirt/snow blade, we're negotiating between $250 and $300 right now, which aint bad considering a week ago he was at $600 firm. Thanks Mack and Ray.

what is that on the front right above the front tire? almost looks like something is missing... blends right in with the ground

I noticed left-front corner of frame - is that normal? or is something cut out of it? - obviously a worker, maybe spent some time outside - but I think a pressure wash would make it look pretty good - some black duct tape on the seat would improve that from 20 feet away - a WD-40 shine, or rub it, would make it look real good. Left fender methinks took a scrape somewhere, no biggy. - grader blade and chains - good runner - no smoke I agree, you are in the good price range. Check bgb. Seems to me I read that the 300's frame is stronger than the 400's frame, esp. near front end. That was about adding a loader. (which changed by entire opinion of these slightly different machines). (quietly) Ask the tractor if he/she would like to come home with you. and wait for the answer. 8) Those pix are overexposed, too bright. This is one case where, seeing the tractor, it might look better than it does in pix. I think it will clean right up near newish, a few scratches. Only thing for me is I don't know much about variable trans. I doubt that's a problem.

quote:
Originally posted by sammiefish
what is that on the front right above the front tire? almost looks like something is missing... blends right in with the ground
Look like a metal plate - not clear. And the left front frame methinks has bite out of it???????? anyone know?

left front looks normal... right front now looks like a piece of chipboard plywood sitting on top of the axle... just weird how it blends in i guess

I have a nice fully restored 42" mower deck for the 300/400 series tractors in the classifieds. I'll make a good deal for a member, if interested just send me a PM sm01

The plywood apparatus was a platform for a water pump that hooked to the motor, kinda like a home made power washer I guess, it will be removed. Greg, I've been thinking about and drooling over that 42" deck since you posted it, I'll private message you on it.