Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
littlemarv

Finally....

littlemarv
I have had this tractor for a year and two weeks now. After lots of tinkering and lots of time on here, I got a little well deserved seat time. Much more to come, I hope.

My neighbor never planted his garden, so I have a little dirt too play-I mean work- in. I needed to break the ground with this so I could test a garden tiller I have been fixing. Both worked well, a good evening indeed.

I temporarily put an external coil on so I can't put the hood on. Sorry for such a sloppy look.

littlemarv
Next is the spring trip dozer blade. I made a lever for the angle adjustment but I think I'm better off just getting off the seat and changing it rather than bashing my knee on the lever!

I save up all year in a Christmas club account to buy him as many toys as I can. Turns out all he needs is a rake and some bare dirt to keep him busy for hours.........go figure.

Next I put the mower deck on. Didn't get any pictures but I figure you all know what that looks like. Grass is too dead for any stripes, and the mower deck needs a lot of work before I ever use that again. I mowed the whole lawn with earplugs in and I still got a splitting headache. Lots of noise and vibration. Up next is to get the tiller up and running. All I have is the tiller and the two big pulleys. I need to get the drive pulley and make the engagement mechanism...... I will report back in a while...

Sign in to follow this