Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

712 manuals

allis579

I just picked up a AC 712S tractor and I need parts and service manuals. Simplicity only lists the Operators manual. So far I found the arm that connects the shuttle shift lever to the brake is missing. Would anybody have 1 laying around and would want to part with? Thanks Bob

Here is a Simplicity equivalent parts book http://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/default.aspx?filename=heCBEN8.qHZrE3Cwf5kbp796Dq . Under RayS profile you can download repair manual. Posting an ad in the classifieds might help also.

BLT, Thank you, That will be a big help. Now I know what the rod looks like that I'm missing and I will be able to fabricate one. I'm a new comer to lawn and garden, but have 14 full size AC tractors. Bob

Bob I guess since i'm new here and not too computer savy, I need help finding Ray S' profile so I can download the 712S repair manual. I appreciate your help, Thanks Bob

IMO, the easiest way to see someone's profile is to click on their userid in the "author" column of a forum's list of posts. Here's the repair manual link copied from RayS's profile: http://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/default.aspx?filename=ifDDFO9jwJ9iGclRzOfEP5NRQpe And welcome to the club.

Bob That link only shows 3 pages, front and rear cover and table of contents. I also went to Ray's profile and got the same. Thank you, Bob

Bob, You more than likely have figured it out. However page 2 the index page will list various sections. Pick the one you are looking for and click on it say 3 the electrical one. It will ask you if you want to connect to that site. Click ok. Hope this helps. Hotwire7434 Tom Oliver

fascinating - I would throw that pc in the nearest garage sale. try downloading again - just click once and let it run - WAIT for it. Then choose icon top left that says "save a copy" AFTER that change zoom from ~ 40% to 100% Then Left side - click on the PAGES ICON - looks like a personal notebook. ALL pages roll out in miniature icons. pick your page from the index - ADD 2 - AND go to it. (so page 17 is page 19) add 2 ????? yep the first 2 pages are lost in the document format shuffle rocket science If this fails, ask a 9 yr old. pooters are like walking - you start by crawling - go slow. relax. go slower. it's easy when you crawl. really. it is. sm01 I don't think this will work. surprise me. 8) are you on dialup or highspeed.? they are same - one takes longer to download - compare 10 secs to 45 minutes (guessing). Maybe you got hacked. :D:D:D:D kidding.