Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

maybe a diesel transplant in the works

plastikosmd

wandering around the flea market today, saw a kubota z400 missing the alt and rad. not stuck, oil looked good. Looks like a winter project. Haggled a bit. Maybe I will get it up and running and put it in my allis or just get it running and sell. Looks like a perfect little motor for a transplant. These were in the G3200 tractors. As far as pics, this is all I took. Light enough that I was able to lift it into the truck myself but at home I chose to work smarter. [IMG]http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j5/plastikosmd/c128a0ba.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j5/plastikosmd/31fc3161.jpg[/IMG]

Mint Frost. I believe that is the lighter green color on your '77? I had a '77 F -250 high boy in that color.

my paint has been 'refreshed.' It needs to be stripped and repainted. That is another winter project

Is that a 2 cyl. or 3 cyl? What's the displament of that little guy? Nice find, you can always use a good engine.

2 cylinder. It is a cute little bugger, about the size of the typical briggs 10hp. Displacement, unsure, but they run around 10-12 hp i guess. It has a pulley/flywheel and coupler opposite of fan to take care of driving/pto etc. That is nice as some of the smaller reefer diesels have no real ability to run anything except a small belt due to setup

better pic of the motor, not any bigger than a 5 gallon pail, bout the same size as my briggs 16, or even a bit smaller [IMG]http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j5/plastikosmd/9f06dd83.jpg[/IMG]

? Scott; wich model of Allis or Simplicity were you thinking of putting that little gem into? B10Dave

at the moment I only own a B12. It would take some work to get it into the b12. It appears I would have to elongate the frame 4" or so. My other thought it is to go up a size and consider a larger frame machine. I am quite familar with the "simplicity" of the B12 and have not worked on any of the other machines. That means I am unfamiliar with how shafts and belts run. This motor has crankshaft access at both ends. The end with the fan as a large coupler that can be altered/changed and a pulley. The back of the motor also has a pulley. This should give me plenty of options for drive and power

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Robert A McNaughton
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts