Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Powermx wiring questions

PatterBrian

I pulled the CCKB from my 4041 a few day ago. The electric connection to the front clutch has two wires, both orange. One comes from a wire harness. The other is broken off at a solder joint, and I can see where it went. 1. Is this wire a ground? The is a small wire, not original, screwed to the frame which could have reached the broken off wire. 2. Should I seal up the cracks in the black stuff around the coil in the clutch. 3. I have two spares of the clutch back. How can I check if they are good?

quote:
Originally posted by PatterBrian
I pulled the CCKB from my 4041 a few day ago. The electric connection to the front clutch has two wires, both orange. One comes from a wire harness. The other is broken off at a solder joint, and I can see where it went. 1. Is this wire a ground? The is a small wire, not original, screwed to the frame which could have reached the broken off wire. One wire goes to ground the other to the PTO switch on the dash. 2. Should I seal up the cracks in the black stuff around the coil in the clutch. I have always just left the cracks and have had no problems. 3. I have two spares of the clutch back. How can I check if they are good? If you are talking about the coils measure the resistance, they should all be relatively the same.