Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

She made me buy it?

AcFordHawk

Went to the Highway 141 garage sales and bought this. Got a great deal on it since the purchase price probably covers just the bagger system! Has the typical TLC items to be taken care of but overall is in really great shape and my daughter and son-in-law will enjoy it.
[img]/club2/attach/AcFordHawk/downsized_0803121329.jpg[/img]

A "GreenRunner" 8D...I've always thought those were cool mowers. A VERY manuverable mowing machine with a built in cargo trailer or bagger system cart...Is that a 36" or 42" deck? Nice find dOd I want one!!
quote:
Originally posted by AcFordHawk
Went to the Highway 141 garage sales and bought this. Got a great deal on it since the purchase price probably covers just the bagger system! Has the typical TLC items to be taken care of but overall is in really great shape and my daughter and son-in-law will enjoy it.
[img]/club2/attach/AcFordHawk/downsized_0803121329.jpg[/img]

Still looking for a 16/48 with bagger system to mow around my pine trees and collect the clippings. Have come accross the 36 and 42's but no 48's. You'll enjoy mowing with it.dOd

It is the 42" deck. I have the Simplicity Sunrunner version with a 42" deck and enjoy it. Saves effort and time mowing around all the trees and shrubs.

• 3 weeks later...
Even though my Sunrunner is old and decrepit, I am keeping it around even with 2 good mowing tractors in the shed. Great to have around just to move stuff around the yard, or do a little trimming. The dump cart comes in real handy.

Grandson Parker decided to try out once it got to his place :D! (He may need some extensions to reach all the controls.)
[img]/club2/attach/AcFordHawk/parkerongreen.jpg[/img]

Nice looking setup. Are you going to teach the little one to be a Hawk driver??:D I wish We had a little more time to talk there at Waterloo,I had a friend with me and wanted me to show him around.

quote:
Originally posted by jmhusby
Still looking for a 16/48 with bagger system to mow around my pine trees and collect the clippings. Have come accross the 36 and 42's but no 48's. You'll enjoy mowing with it.dOd
I've been tracking these also. It seems confusing - there's a model called SunRunner, and the one I want seems to be called "FrontCut". They seem like same thing; but I wonder if there is a difference. I would like a 48 deck also. To me, this is a WalkBehind w a SEAT. And the 'deck-out-front' gets into and under all kinds of stuff. For that, the 42"deck might even be better. The only problem w these is they aren't good on downhills, weight transfers forward, rear end gets light, no steers. 8) That means commit to the hill or don't. Would take some getting used to. The deck tends to weight the front. No problem on flats tho. But I really wonder if the FrontCut is somehow a heavy duty version of the SunRunner - I see no evidence of that - still watching.

Graham, The Vanguard model designation on the manual is FC1242 and from what I see between it and the Sunrunner there isn't any difference. Jim, enjoyed meeting you at ALO. Will have to try and hook up some time and Parker already has had hands on the controls of a Hawk :D!

The only one I have seen for sale was priced at 1400; a few months later it appeared at 1100, and presumably sold. It was Simp colors, in great shape, can't recall details but was something like 12-16 ish h.p. w at least a 42deck. That was 2-3 yrs ago. It had no bagger either. Saw one other in rough shape, looked like one to avoid. They are pretty rare in Ontario Canada. They remind me of a golf course machine, called Toro GroundsMaster. It's a 4 cylinder gas w hyd drive, suspension seat, pretty fast also, pretty serious item, various attachments; but these remind me of that, altho lighter duty. I've seen occasional GroundsMasters pop up for sale in Toronto area. not cheap. commercial. Manuals/MFR's that I found: FC1242H - 1691336 (Vanguard) FC Series 1692375 - 16hp-48 - (Agco or Simp) also several MFR's in combined series Manual (pix).