Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
PhanDad

Right Discharge Deck on Sovereign

PhanDad
These pics are from an item RayS posted in the eBay forum:

It's a new style deck with the infinite height adjustment that allows mowing at a higher height than the stock Sovereign deck. Did (does) Simplicity make at kit to convert this type of deck for use on a Sovereign? I'm thinking it was a custom install. I guess they just twisted the drive belt the opposite way. I would think that would be hard on belt life. Anyone else do this?

RayS
Looks like a custom install to me. Not sure why they did that when the correct one is in the back ground. I can see advantages to using that right hand deck. It would be nice to see how the hitch was mounted but probably wouldn't be that difficult to put the 48" deck hitch and mounting hardware on one. I see some ideas for the near future for a 50" deck. I have 3,000 plus manuals and I haven`t seen a kit to do this. It would be easy to put the hitch on, but getting it to cantilever the hitch to the roller bar would take some thought.

Brettw
We are assuming the deck is functional. However, if it is, and if it would increase the cutting height over a left hand Sovereign deck, then it would potentially be a good marriage. Cutting with Sunstar has been an eye opener. The 60" deck cuts much higher than a Sovereign deck. To me this is a definite plus.