Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Al

More 2013.

Al
Hi, I have some more pics. etc. I would like to comment about one thing. The comment about me and inside info. I really don't have inside info. I am a person that has a very curious mind and if I am in the Drs. office or in a restaurant, if someone is alone, I will speak and maybe ask? You from around here etc, and if they seem friendly, the conversation will go to what do you do etc. I learn a lot from people, and most like to tell about themselves if you are sincerely interested. If they just answer my question without any encouragement, I respect their privacy and drop it. If I go anywhere, I have a need to know what I am seeing or missing. Over the years I have been involved with a lot of people at Simplicity. If we see a problem in a new tractor that could be common, we call the factory and try to get to the person that deals with the problem. I call someone I know and say who do I need to talk to. Pretty soon we know who to call etc. If it is a normal deal, we just file the warranty, and let the system take care of it, but it is something like a hose routing where a years run later the problem is finally in the field, we would call. Everything we can do to make our products better, is better for us. Usually there are a year or 2's build of tractors made before the failure show up in the field, then the warranty claims show the problem and its already big. I have called about new products also, like the Sun Star 26 inch tires as soon as it came out. Also the anti-scalp rollers on the front of the 60" deck, I had SN 7 when they came out and in 2 wks had widened rims, 26" tires and had fabricated anti-scalp rollers using JD 111 rollers. Took pics and called up to the factory and they sent a rep down and in a month both were available, not exactly like mine, but even more improved. When you help people, they help you, and they know they can call you. In 81 we won a cruise and there were many other dealers and most of Sim management, and won a trip to Acupulco same deal. Made a lot of friends. Friend is what you get out of llfe. Anyway I want to post some more pics from the 2012/13 open house.

Conquest with rear suspension, also note the mesh seat, really cool.

Optional Fabricated deck for Prestige and Conquest. I am going to post some Pics from the Briggs Distribution center. It is awsome. Will do on another Post. Al

[br Legacy with the new optional HD fabricated 60" Deck.

rs07
I like what they done to the Conquest and Prestige. They improved on a tractor that is already great! I know someone that has 3,000 hours and counting on their Conquest. They mow commercially with it. Everything original except the carburetor and front tires. Now that's testimony!!

gwiseman
quote:
Originally posted by jmhusby
The cutting height from the dash has been around a while. My 08 Prestige had it.
need to get out more-visit the showrooms. Wasn't an option on my '02 Conquest