Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Your thoughts on a purchase? Updated

simple-kid

I called on a CL ad and the ad said that it was a model 755 Landlord for sale. LOL It was close by my house so I went and took a look at it, Come to find out it was a Landlord 3410 standard gear drive. It's pretty rough but runs well and comes with a plow and chains. I think it would be good to retire my B1 and I sold my 3012 so I don't have a plow tractor:O, The B1's getting to old for what I put it through. He also wants to sell his System 1975 Broadmoor with it. The Broadmoor doesn't run but has a briggs 11 hp I/C. My question is, What would be a good price for the pair and any info on the two tractors? Thanks

My first Simplicity was a 3410. Great tractor, it's now resting in the back of the garage. Without more details, and maybe a pic or 2, I'm thinking a couple of hundred at the most.

from: http://simpletractors.com/X-reference/s_ac_pg3.htm . 1690115 / 3008 / 1976 (NONE=AC=NONE) = = = 8 HP L. Tractor E.S. Manual: http://www.simplicitymfg.com/manuals/index.cfm?rd=1 Looks like it exists. Simp only, no AC 8hp Lawn Tractor w eclectic start. 1976 Broadmoor

To my way of thinking, that System 3008 is a $50 tractor at best. There are running Broadmoors in pretty fair shape, with decks, available for $150-300 all the time. And the $300 Broadmoors are on the high end so those better be very clean and fully functional. JMHO