Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
BrendonV

Stack Pipe

BradW
I did this to the Simplicity 700 I have, here is the list of materials and what I did to mount it. * 1 Farmall cub muffler (this IS NOT a cub cadet muffler,just a farmall cub. You can purchase this item at a farm store or from a Case-International dealer, I bought mine at Blain's farm&fleet part number IH 1. *2 a 1" diameter by 6-8" long pipe. *3 a 1" diameter by 6" pipe. *4 a 90 degree elbow with 1" fittings. *5 Lock nut's!!! I bought a box of five so I could put one on every fitting, super tight then. *6 a 1-1\4 muffler clamp this wil fit tight on the muffler but will hold it down to the pipe like a rock! * personal choice would be a turnout or a rain cap on your muffler, I used a raincap on mine to make that "clinking" noise in idle. *Take you 8 inch long pipe with a locknut and attach it to the block,then screw on your 90 degree elbow, screw in the 6 inch pipe and put your muffler clamp on your muffler and put the muffler on the 6 inch pipe and tighten very hard. That's all you need, good luck, -BradW

MPH
Brad, don't you fear the pipe breakin off from the extra wt.?? I been thinkin one should put some sort of support under the elbow to bear the wt. and vibration but haven;t yet needed to replace a muffler so it hasn;t gotten much serios thought...MPH

BradW
I got mine at Blains Farm&Fleet part number IH 1 or go to your local Case IH dealer and ask for a farmall cub muffler, not cub cadet, Napa carries them too, but there qaulity isn't that great. I plan to post pics tommorrow, good luck,-BradW

BradW
Kent, I plan on taking some pics when I finish fixing the wiring I burnt up on it, I recomend wrapping the wire that goes to the cyclops light with electrical tape, the switch is on the light itself and when you flip the hood up the wire lays on the grill, and it got snagged and shorted out since it had live power and burned up most of the wiring. I will send some pics this afternoon as soon as I get everything fixed, thanks,-BradW