Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

New tractors!

simple-kid

Here are my new tractor finds. What do you think. The little one needs a lot of work and it fell of the truck when I tried to get it down.:(!:(!XX(.

B1's pulling the broadmoor down behind the trees.

Yah it fell off the truck upside down onto the tar.:(!:(!. It busted up the the side panel and broke the oil dip stick off.ngr2ngr2

Ahhh, no, kid. You are too big into tractors for ramps. You need a trailer w a strong, safety-chained hitch and a hinged ramp at rear. Ramps are good for walkbehinds, snowblowers, basically two-wheel stuff. (still dangerous). No way would I run a 600+ pound tractor on ramps - rear wheel torque can just shoot a ramp out like nothing. Beyond that ramps are fulltime dangerous; but handy for small stuff. I lost one ramp, and it was ME that went down. Loading a walk-snowblower. The snowblower was balanced on the edge of the truck, or it would have been really ugly. And I was too busy with my tweaked ankle to do anything about it. lucky. kinda like the crashed coyote waiting for the OO second slam while the roadrunner beep beeps. And the "stupid human trick" was (and I knew better) that the truck was facing UPHILL.:O Turning the truck around would have been safe - but no, that was too much bother at the time. Doh! There's lots of "stupid human tricks" on you tube - you don't want to be the 'star attraction'. :D The Amazing Grace - it's always funny to watch, at first. If the funny stops, you might get a nomination for the "Darwin Award". (something about endangered species).

I bought store made ramps arced 650# each load rate they have a hook strap on top for tying to truck or trailer no kick out or bowing rolled my b110 and hurt my buddy using junk homemade ramps and said never again

( B1's pulling the broadmoor down behind the trees.) You have the right idea,use a foot dragger to get the RBT out of sight behind the trees.}:):D:D

Graham, Yah I have a trailer It's just to big and the lights don't work. I need to find a smaller trailer soon because I'm getting a b110 this weekend, I definitely have the fever. :D:D:DXX(XX(. Jon, I have the ramps that have the straps on them but I didn't use them, not a good idea. Jim, HAHAAHAH yup that B1 is my favorite and it always get me out of tough situations when plowing. All my RBT's stay outside. LOL :D:D:Q

I have a 5x10. It's a great size, very versatile, and it tracks well. But if I try to put a second tractor on, well, that's when I want bigger. Dealer where I bought it now makes a 5x12. that would be perfect for a 2nd tractor. Usually not needed. Sorry if I came down a little heavy; but I'd rather say something than hear you got messed up. I don't get a good feeling from that small tractor; first it's hard to i.d., now it's behaving badly. Maybe it was abused by a PO. I think I'd send it down the road. I dunno; have a talk with it and see what kind of attitude comes back. Sounds crazy; but it works for me man. 8D I used to have an Indian friend who would "cleanse" things by using cedar or sage smoke (smudge) - it was about cleaning bad energy and stuff. After seeing results of a few examples, I no longer thought he was totally nuts. Those were interesting times. We did a lot of crazy stuff together. If you try this you need show a little reverence for the powers that be; that's about it. It's personal. Just sayin'. Take care of you. It's simple kid. sm01

OK Graham sounds good. You didn't come down heavy on me, I need all the info I can get. Actually a Indian woman that's my dads friend had done that "cleanse" thing with me with sage smoke. I guess it didn't work. I still think she's kinda nuts. LOL

I am not crazy about ramps either. I brought one of those tri-fold ATV ramps for loading a garden tractor into my F-150 4WD pickup for a short trip up the road to the steam show in Arcadia each September the last few years. I tried once to drive a yellow and white tractor with ags on the back up the ramp, but it lost traction when the rear wheels hit the ramp. I got a cheap electric winch to pull it up, but the winch bird nested if you gave it just the least bit of slack, and I threw my shoulder out untangling it. I subsequently ended up using a come a long. Last year I hitched a ride with a friend's trailer, just ride it up, strap it down, and you are good to go. Might be looking for a deal on a used trailer, but Maryland has raised their titling, inspection and registration fees so high it is criminal.

quote:
Originally posted by simple-kid
OK Graham sounds good. You didn't come down heavy on me, I need all the info I can get. Actually a Indian woman that's my dads friend had done that "cleanse" thing with me with sage smoke. I guess it didn't work. I still think she's kinda nuts. LOL
:D yeh, it's pretty strange stuff, eh. My guy was a long term friend. We were both on our own individual "search" paths; and we kinda understood each other. But he was into some strange talk, and some strange practices; mainly it was personal, but also about Native Spirituality. I new a few Aboriginals. And some who wished they were. One guy was the grandson of a medicine man - he gave me an eagle feather "for protection". He told me that's not something to be taken lightly, that few were worthy of such a gift. I knew that. It hung on the rearview mirror of my car for years, until it deteriorated, or it returned itself. It had beads attached to it also. I was honoured. Others invited me to sweats - sweat lodge - kinda like sauna only hotter, in a hand constructed hut, with red hot rocks from a clean fire, all this carefully attended to, by appointed trusted individuals. Not everyone is invited. I was invited to several, and never attended; it never felt right; it's pretty sacred, very personal. Spiritual cleansing. Unbearably hot - some might have to leave, and for many possible reasons. In darkness, the only light is the glow of hot rocks. My strange friend used to talk about the "lines" - things arranged naturally, forming lines of light and energy and relative position. Everything matters to those who know or care to know; and there are those who don't, and it is necessary to watch, and cleanse any dark energy that may be encountered. Smudge smoke, cutting by scissors movements with hands or arms, almost any ritual well intended, is rewarded. Sometimes it is necessary to leave. Things are known. I said to smoke the tractor - that works too. If you were not hurt, then the sage ceremony perhaps helped. You cannot be closed to that which opens for better; you must close off to that which would close you off. There are many things that crazy woman knows about you; more than you think; maybe not more than you know. She will show you if you want to see; but only if you can see. For that, you need eyes. or perhaps vision of some kind. It's very personal; and it's about you as you are, and as you are to be. It's an influence you will remember more than you know now. A calling. It's how you find tractors, and many other things. It's how people help you to do that. You may underestimate it; and that's ok. It's already known to you. sm03