Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Simplicity Triple

Multiplicity

Here's a 3 month project I just finished that was needed to increase the pulling power to climb hills with trailers loaded with wood....The middle tractor has triple controls and the trio climb hills like a wooly bear caterpillar.....But coupling them together was somewhat easier than cropping and resizing the photo to get 3 tractors down and into a 100kb photo......

It is suddenly so clear where your user name came from. Now, stop teasing and put up some more pics of how that all works together. the back one even has a vertical shaft engine. How did you set up the steering? Does it articulate both directions or just steering? How are you shifting the other 2? Inquiring minds want to know.... :D:D:D

It is suddenly so clear where your user name came from.... Yes, this project has been on the table a while...... Now, stop teasing and put up some more pics of how that all works together. When I get used to resizing. The back one even has a vertical shaft engine. Yes, I ran out of 23Ds and slipped in a 19000 Briggs with a Cross-Over Drive...... How did you set up the steering? Steering is Drum and Cable like Outboard Boats, many pulleys involved, and it seems to work well...... Does it articulate both directions or just steering? Yes it has both Yaw (right/left) and Roll (tractors tip sideways from each other to go over rocks and bumps) How are you shifting the other 2? Not easily yet, but use mostly 2nd n Reverse with Extra Levers..... Inquiring minds want to know.... You didn't miss much, and I used to repair Rokons...

Not many people get that. It's usually interpreted as Rock on! I rode an RT 340 for a couple years. Wish I still had it. Probably one of the rarest they built. Isn't the factory still up near you somewhere?

RE: RT 340 Rokon, yes a guy used to ride one to my shop, neat bike......I have a Kawa 175 that I put a 320 Rotax (snomo eng) and Torque Converter in it...... A very superior drive system...... Rokon appears to still be viable...... http://www.rokon.com/

Now that's cool! I can see the outboard steering setup in my mind, and a bit in the picture. Neat idea! Looks like the rear machine is powered by belt into the BGB by the PTO...also a good idea. I would love to see the framework design, and most definitely a video of this thing in action! dOd

Over the top, and right off the scale. dOd 8D I'd like to see what you're hauling and the hill. Local farmer is hauling wood for winter, full size tractor, large trailer, 30' logs. He had to downshift to get up this moderate hill on the road. Couple days ago, he had a loaded 18-wheeler following him. When the farmer downshifted to finish the hill, the semi stalled. :D It took the guy like 5 tries to get moving again - he finally figured out how to slip a clutch, in bull low OO- with a few cars honking behind him. Then a biker passed him, yelling at him. Funny to watch. If it happens again, I'll try for pix. :D

I always thought old tandem tractors were cool. But you kicked it up a notch and built the "Trifecta" of garden tractors. My hats off to you....good job sir.

I do believe we have brushed elbows with a modern day George Pryor! For those unfamiliar with ole George.....Needing more power in the fields led him to devise a system of mating farm tractors together to multiply his machines ability in the field. Bravo Multiplicity! Bravo! A good free picture re-sizer is available here: [url]http://pixresizer.en.softonic.com/[/url] Simple to use on either multiple pictures or individual. Looking forward to more pictures of your set up "George II" lol

You have too much time on your hands! I wish we all had your problem. If so, we could have Bob riding one of our creations on the surface of the moon by now.

Am I interpreting the picture right? It looks like you removed the front wheels from all of them, attached the back one like a trailer and use the back wheels of the front one as the steering wheels. Great work!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• airgunner
    • mbsengineer
    • BLT
    • bsadler
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts