Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
CVSB10JCS

Soverign Kohler Question

CVSB10JCS
Found a Soverign at local John Deere that was a tradein. Used at a school district and aparently ran by kids! Hood & grill and muffler heat shield all smashed. However motor has the oil filter and isnt that suppose to be the GOOD motor? (Kohler Command Pro 18). ANyways would like to know what year is was made and wondered how to make sure the motor doesnt have chaf inside... ENTIRE TRACTOR was COATED with chaff!! behind battery & gas tank was solid mess and every crevice was packed with it, Worked off and on for two days with shop vac and screwdriver digging stuff out. Lokks like it needs front steering work and BGB is low on oil. Deck was completely shot and welded several times but motor fires right up after I bend muffler heat shield away from carb controls.

RayS
If it says OHV on engine it is a Command. If OHC it is a triad. Also the oil filter on a Command is close to the hood on the Triad it is more towards the center of the engine. Most of the triad tractors I have seen have a gray to dark gray frame. Not saying they all do but the ones I have seen do. There should be a decal with a mfg. no. on the frame by the engine area. Any pictures?

918H with triad

918H with Triad notice how the oil filter is further back.

918H with Command.

Triad with the fancy covers.