Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Hello from Mike in Indiana

mtoney

Hello everybody, since I own an Allis and have had orange fever since I was a kid, I thought I should sign up here. While I may have run other brands over the years, many years on IH Cub Cadets, my first love was Allis and Simplicity. I currently have an Allis Chalmers 314d that I use to mow and other various utility work. I acutaly have it up for sale/trade as I really want a B1 Allis or Simplicity 700 or early Landlord. They are a bit smaller and have a smaller mower deck. The 314d is a bit large for my needs but I get by. Cheers Mike and Michele T [IMG]http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j285/cadetpwr/5Gb5H95S33ne3Lf3Mdc851e4dc130be051cef.jpg[/IMG]

I was at a show at the Peru Indiana fair grounds on Saturday, there was a barn fresh B1 that was the perfect set up, had a small deck on it, like 36" wide mower deck instead of the normal 42" I usualy see on these. A gentleman there that was more knowledgable than me said he thought it was a Broadmore tractors deck stuck under the B1. Whatever it was, it was as dirty as the rest of the tractor so it had been with the tractor for a long time. However that set up would be perfect for mowing my yard with all my landscaping to mow around. Just add a snowblade for the coming winter, a brinly adapter to plow under my garden this fall and a tiller before spring planting next year and I would be all set! Mike

Welcome Mike! A B-1 of 700/725 are great machines. I've found the 7hp Briggs to be a lot of fun to play with. I currently do all my mowing with a 700 (has the 42" bolt-together deck)
[img]http://www.simpletractors.com/images/new_in_1959/42_deck_pg4.jpg[/img]
and all my cultivating with a Wonderboy 700 (that has the smaller 32" deck)
[img]http://www.simpletractors.com/images/new_in_1959/36_deck_pg4.jpg[/img]
I get a kick out of working with the oldies like that, and I like the narrow wheelbase in the garden, after my plants start growing and taking up space. I find they are more nimble, and I can squeak through the rows easily.

That little 32" deck is what I need! That is what was under that B1 that I saw at the Peru show. I wish the owner had been around, I would have liked to made an offer to purchase or trade for it. My 314 is nice, but I spend more time stopping and shifting when trying to mow my little yard with it. I have located a nice Simplicity 700 for just under 400 bucks not to far from here, but it lacks a mower deck, atleast now I know that little deck exhists and what width cut it is. Mike

quote:
Originally posted by mtoney
That little 32" deck is what I need! That is what was under that B1 that I saw at the Peru show. I wish the owner had been around, I would have liked to made an offer to purchase or trade for it. My 314 is nice, but I spend more time stopping and shifting when trying to mow my little yard with it. I have located a nice Simplicity 700 for just under 400 bucks not to far from here, but it lacks a mower deck, atleast now I know that little deck exhists and what width cut it is. Mike
Welcome to the club, Mike. I have 2 workers, an AC716 w 48"deck, and a Simplicity Pacer WalkBehind w a 34" deck. I hear you talking about smaller yard, high detail, and stop/start all the time. I thought I would show you pix of my Pacer 13.5hp/34"deck - cos it's made for that stuff. It gets into, under, close to, around, and through all kinds of hardscape and softscape, close to edges to minimize weedwacking, controlled by Hydro Thumb Controls, infinite adjust full-floating deck up to max mow height of 4 inches. Elect start + pto. This is circa 2002 model; newer model Pacers have more hp, but it's not needed. This thing has a decal on it that says "Warning, this machine will climb hills that it is not safe to be on". (True, btw.) The Pacer is not quite a commercial mower; but is similar design. I just thought you might want to know - these are not well known machines - it's a residential mower, that gets into little garden gates, and all you have to do is steer. Hydro is single drive, not dual drive, so you have to steer it. Super striper, able to mow-it-tall if you want a power lawn. (note: the deck cover is removed)

Perhaps an item for future reference. I understand your desire for B-1, and I like seat time. This is simply a specialized detail mower. MFR Model # 1694494. (no way is this for sale). :D

Nice walk behind!! I got to service one of those while working as a mechanic for the local Cub Cadet/Hustler/Toro dealership, along with a few of their ZTR mowers. I was very impressed with the build quality to say the least. Hopefully I can find a new home for my 314 and add a B1 or 700 to my garage. Thanks Mike