Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Bagger for Sovereign

hotrodtractor

Anybody got any up close pics of the brackets for the bagger attachment on sovereigns? Or a part # + print? They seem a bit rare. I am thinking I could mod a simplicity tripple bagger if needed. I like to dump my clippings in the garden and a tripple bagger would be better for me. Forking them from the wide body cart gets old... I have a turbo and wide body cart and it's nice. Also have the rear PTO vac + cart, and a huge 6.5hp trac vac setup that I don't use too much.

Kevin, I don't think they ever made a double or triple bagger for Sovereign. I have a dealer price list from '00 and only the wide body cart and turbo are listed. Also Simplicity catalogs from '96 and '98 do not show any of the baggers as Sovereign options, only the wide body cart. In 2003, I asked about a Legacy triple bagger (to convert for Sovereign use) for a left discharge deck and was give mfg #1694158. I also have mfg #s 1692936, 1693501, 1693496, and 1692863 for Legacy turbo, catcher, hitch, and 48" deck. CRS has taken over and I'm not sure if any of those numbers are useful or not. Hope this is of some help.

They either made a triple bag system for the Sovereign or someone did some good modifications. I could have sworn that I have the manuals somewhere and will continue to look. Below is a link to one but it states it is for the Landlord and Broadmoor. The hitch in the first picture looks factory. A hitch from a Landlord looks the same and would work with some simple fabrication and it is possible that this maybe what was done in the first picture. http://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/default.aspx?filename=jgEDGP_duI4tG5Exj7mRgtLvBCd6

Ray, Seeing is believing. I checked the manual you referenced, it's for a Landlord or Broadmore, and the schematics indicate a right discharge deck. In the referenced manual, the mfg # is 1693440; is that the mfg# on your unit? I'm betting on an owner/dealer mod. When I talked to my dealer, he mentioned with full bags, the triple bagger units tend to do wheelies, especially on hills. I see you have front weights. Any truth to what my dealer said?

Not sure if there is any truth to what your dealer said about wheelies. These pictures are not of any of my tractors (wish it was). I got these off of a tractor forsale on Craigslist awhile back. I knew that the manual was for a landlord - Broardmoor tractor as stated. The manual does show a knock out though for a left had discharge deck. So it had to be available for a left hand discharge at one time or another. Maybe on a Sunstar or Legacy.

Ray, I have a triple bag for my right hand discharge Legacy. And my bag setup has a knock out on the left side. So it appears as if Simplicity used the same bag system for left and right hand discharge decks. I have no trouble on hills with my Legacy and full of grass clippings. Rick.........

I know ofd a bagger system locally off a legacy with 48" deck and also missed our on a soveriegn with one a few years back so yes they do make them. That 1st pic Ray put in may help me fabricate a bracket to fit. But a close up or print would still be nice. Any idea why these seem so limited, the wide body does not have much more capacity I don't think?

Kevin, the triple bagger capacity is 10 bushels. The wide body cart is 17 bushels. So I guess the difference is between 2/3 to 3/4 more for the wide body cart. http://www.simplicitymfg.com/products/tractor-attachments/ The pictures you see is what I have. It would be simple installation. Install and level. Add the bracing need in order to do so. "Any idea why these seem so limited" I think they are so limited because as Bill Engle (Phandad) described they were not an option. I think from my manuals and literature that who ever owned the Massey took it from a Landlord. I have the 2003 - 2004 attachment index guide and a triple bagger system is not in that manual. That manual came out 2 - 3 years after the last Sovereign rolled out of Port Washington.

great info thanks so much for the help. I guess I did not think the capcity was only 10 for the bagger vs 17 for the cart... I would be have to empty that bagger a bit more^maybe my cart is not so bad after all }:) I do still think they where available as I saw one here for sale last year and it did not look home made.