Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

NEW SIMPLICITY MODELS

AGCO918

Hi, The new tractors have vertical shaft engines. They also have the same turning radius as the current broadmore. They have CAST IRON front axles. That is what the competition says is important, must be all they have to brag about. How many front axles have you seen broken on the old tractors. Great marketing claim though. They are really nice and are very comfortable to ride. The seat, steering wheel and floorboard relationship is much better. Super comfortable seat. They will have both foot and hand hydro controls ala Legacy. Tilt wheel can be dealer installed on the ones that don't have it. Power steering on some models, controlled traction plus differential lock. These tractors are called "YARD TRACTORS" Simplicity has done their homework on these and I am sure the market place will verify that. There will also be an optional kit that will make it full hand hydro if the customer prefers it to both, as in the Legacy the hand doesn't do reverse. Good luck, Al

went today to my simplicity dealer to see if they had literature on the new simplicity tractors.they showed me the literature.the new tractors are the CONQUEST IN THE $4000.00 ON UP WITH MANUAL LIFT AND THE SPECIALITY IN THE $6000.00 RANGE.THE TRACTORS TALK TO YOU AFTER 5 HR AND TELL YOU TO CHANGE YOUR OIL.AFTER YOU RESET THE COMPUTER IT TELLS YOU EVERY 50 HRS.THE TRACTOR LOOKS LIKE A LEGACY BUT HAS A AIR FIN IN THE HOOD.IT IS CHROME IN THE LITERATURE BUT MY DEALER TOLD ME IT WILL BE ORANGE ON PRODUCTION MODELS.THEY WILL USE BOTH SERIES OF ATTACHMENTS THAT THE LANDLORD AND SOVERIGN SERIES USES.IN THE LITERATURE I SEEN THE TILLER THAT WOULD FIT ON THE SOVERIGN AND THERE WAS OTHERS ATTACHMENTS AS WELL.I WAS INPRESSED WITH IT.THE SPECILITY MODEL HAS HYDRALIC LIFT ON IT WITH KOHLER ENGINES AND ON THE CONQUEST THEY USE BRIGGS.COULDNT GET LITERATURE BECAUSE THE DEALERS ONLY GOT 2 A PIEACE.NICE LOOKING TRACTOR AND WILL GIVE THE OTHERS A RUN FOR THERE MONEY .MAYBE WE WILL SELL MORE NOW AND GIVE THE GREEN AND YELLOW GUYS A RUN FOR THERE MONEY. the new models will be out in MARCH 2002. agco918 chad e shafer

Can't wait to see them in real!!!! Did you find out any specs? Such as horsepower, which mower decks will be used, whether the hydro is shaft driven, or belt driven...etc, etc..? Will it come with a diesel? If you don't know, not a problem...just had to ask!! Gord U

18 to 23 or 25 hp .can remember for sure.no diesel engine that i know of.would say shafet drive not forsure on that. didnt look at deck info.agco918