Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
DMKNLD

replacement K321 oil dipstick

DMKNLD
The rubber grommet that secures the dipstick in my Kohler K321 engine is cracked and shrunken, (most likely the original dipstick), which I believe is at least partially to blame for my excess oil use from increased air blow by into the crankcase. Apparently Kohler doesn't make the replacement rubber grommet part any more, nor do they make the replacement dipstick, (OEM PN # 237932). I checked on a couple on-line parts places, including Jack's Small Engine,and they list a replacement dipstick with the same OEM part # followed by an "S" after it. Am I safe to assume this will be the same dipstick length and grommet diameter to replace mine ?

powerking_one
Actually, the dipstick seal is a moulded rubber piece and does not contain a replacable o-ring. Kohler went to "S" suffix part numbers many years ago, so if the base number 237932 is correct,then there is your Jack's $22.16 answer. Tom (PK)

DMKNLD
Thanks, Tom, that was the info what I was hoping to find out. I like on-line parts ordering, but it's difficult if not impossible to talk directly to a real person any more about a part compatibility question. One of the many reasons that forums like this are invaluable.