Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Electric Lift help

AC712H

I have not seen these setups on Allis 700 and 900 series tractors. Does anybody have pictures of the factory setup? Is it possible to use the current rock shaft set up for hydraulic or do I need a special one? I am really lost on this.

I know beans about this - but i believe the electric was only offered on the 700-series. I know if you go hydraulic, you need to tweak the valves/springs/it's a kit, on the sundstrand hydro - and you can control pressure with that - important, but fairly simple looking. several threads to search on that. Might need a rockshaft for the hydraulic, not sure of that part. that's all i got. 8) = LINKS AND PIX = from stuff I saved for future reference: from other members who know more than I do. This is probably everything you need to make hydraulic happen. But I don't know beans about this. sm03 http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=117631 http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=121698 http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=41226&SearchTerms=hydro,lift http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=170575

Here is the manual for the electric lift. The rockshaft is the same as the manual lift. If you are wanting to go to hydraulic lift you need a different rock shaft than what is used on manual or electric lift. http://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/default.aspx?filename=heCBEN8crOYrE3CN_5kbp796Dq

Thanks for the help. To help clear up my question, I wanted to have electric lift on one of my tractors that was manual lift. Also, I was toying with the.idea of having hydraulic lift seperate from an electric mower deck lift.

The electric lift kit works in both 700/3400/7000 series as well as the 900/7100 tractors. Also except for the hanger bracket the lift ball screw cylinder was the same on the 300/400 series AC. I have a couple of tractors with the electric lift, I like them, easy to convert from a manual lift and it cleans up the tractor (no lift handle).

quote:
Originally posted by AC712H
Thanks for the help. To help clear up my question, I wanted to have electric lift on one of my tractors that was manual lift. Also, I was toying with the.idea of having hydraulic lift seperate from an electric mower deck lift.
The electric lift should also control the rear lift assembly for rear attachments. It should also control front attachments that use a lift rod, which connects to the rockshaft right side via that 6" bar that's mounted on the ride side of your tractor. A separate system of hydraulics involves having a lift cylinder, fluid pump/reservoir, hyd hoses, and joystick controls, or similar. That's what people use with FEL - front end loaders - especially. Some front buckets use an electric winch cable for lift - also have seen that on a snowblower. And also there's a whole other world of electric actuator solutions. Actuators are interesting. they are available in various lengths, strengths, rates, prices. I've seen some interesting projects. You could probably search "actuator" and find a few. One thing with actuators, they are kinda like hydraulic, in that you have bidirectional control - extend and retract, just like with hydraulics - and so there's maybe possibilities like "some down pressure" - not available w simple lifts that rely on gravity downforce. This pix of light-FEL is all carefully selected actuators - selected for general weight capabilities, rate at which they move, power draw. Not bad for lighter max loads; if you want hd go hydraulic. I find this fascinating because I think it's overall weight is fairly light, & if the loads are kept light, & bucket kept smallish, then the eventual load on the traxtor is minimized, which avoids the need to reinforce the beast. Heavy duty loaders are dangerous, or can be. I just want to move some loads of topsoil around the house and yard and garden and stuff. Just an excuse for seat time really. I'm always dreaming and scheming about loaders. Unfortunately I don't weld. (stolen from some other forum) (no idea what brandx LT this is)

Main feature is lightweight. The mains are 500 lb lift (x2) w 12" travel. The bucket benders are lesser, 110 lb lift (x2), probably 6-8" travel, and relatively cheap. Add controllers and mounting brackets. This is not cheap. It's easy to add well over $1000+++. It depends on source of parts and material. But those main actuators at 500 lb x2 = 1000 lb. lift force. They are also rated for static force, even higher. Cycle time is 10-15 seconds, battery draw is intermittent which means less load on charge system. Full hydraulic might be cheaper. Some folks talk about hyd pumps from combines or power steering, etc. There's a lot to learn and a lot of safety concerns. Plus trial and error engineering. 8) Either way, keeping bucket small and overall load down is easier on a small tractor, and safer. Personally, I think the safety concerns keep manu's out of this niche market.

Hey AC712H, I have done very well on Ebay buying actuators. I look for "warner actuator" and "electric actuator" I picked up a 12 volt 24" stroke 500lb thrust for $90 once, and typically do not pay more than $75 for the shorter ones. Check the listing for model #, then check the warner website catalogs to be sure of the specs for the unit. They vary in screw type, either Acme or recirculating ball, screw pitch, and input voltage. Acme screw is low duty cycle and speed with very high shock load. Ball screw is typically much faster with lower shock loading. These actuators need switches rated for 20 amp minimum, lower rated switches may work for a while but the body of the switch melts and it gets ugly fast. Good luck and have fun.

arnoldir, thanks for the info! I am on ebay constantly, but I have not looked at actuators before. I need to do some research as to what actuator is right for my set up.

I just checked, and was shocked to see that prices are way up from when I was buying actuators. This E-bay thing must be catching on :Y When in doubt, snipe! May your search-fu be strong.