Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Help me make a decision:)

rpickle

Well, I finally have a VERY nice tractor... [IMG]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a199/rpickle/019-5.jpg[/IMG] I also have a descent 7117, just about the same as my "new one. [IMG]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a199/rpickle/003-9.jpg[/IMG] Should I strip the 7117 and store the "like" parts or should I try and sell it for $ to buy implements? Feel bad about stripping it and know that if I do I will NEVER need any of it.... But, if I sell, then Murphy walks in:) I know the hydro's are strong and I all ready have a spare CH18. I am leaning towards selling it. Appreciate your thoughts.

No room at the inn for both? If that's the case, then sell the 7117 complete, once you start parting it out, you might sell a few pieces, and end up with a pile o' parts no one wants.

You gotta keep the 7117 so the Sovereign has a buddy. And since you're in Ohio and must have snow, you need a blade and blower tractor. But if you must, sell the 7117, it's never a good thing to put a running tractor down, especially one in good shape. You can always buy another "parts" tractor down the road if you need to. Also buying a non running tractor is a good way to get implements and parts.

Thats the way I was leaning. Ohio and snow, geez... I think Dallas had more snow than we did last year! I will polish the 7117 up and put her up for sale soon. Will strip the new roller off the deck I put on last winter. Appreciate the advice.