Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
littlemarv

Mower deck on a B-10

mendon-chalmers
I jack mine up to to do the tractor front spindles & rear axle & differential one at bottom of steering shaft one on clutch peddle & one on the P.T.O. between the pulleys. On the deck oil & make sure the belt tensioner is free to move for the belt that runs the 3 blades

mtoney
No other zerks I can think of. I would engage the deck at a medium engine RPM and slowly power up while listening for anything sounding bad. I assume you checked to see if the blades were good and sharp prior to putting the deck under the B10. Good luck with mowing. I hope to do the same later this week with my B1. Mike

timflury
Just remember, the grease fittings on the spindles (if you have them) are strictly for keeping water out, mostly during cleaning. The bearings are sealed from the factory.sm03sm03