Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

A little knowledge

B10Dave

can be dangerous; but sometimes it pays off in spades. At the local auction last Thursday an item came up for sale and nobody there including the auctioneer knew what it was. I bought it with two bids. They called it a Steel Part on my receipt. All in, including buyers premium and tax I paid $9.32. Some days you just get lucky.

:O:O John, it is a 540RPM power take off adaptor for Allis GTs. Would be used to run a bale elevator or grain auger etc.Josh, I think the guard goes around the large pto pulley but won't know for sure till I mount it. Which I will do this week to take to Steam Era show next weekend. Dave

Amazing score, those units are much rarer in yellow than the white or orange. The guard is not for the PTO unit. It goes around the driveshaft/engine connection on a 7100 or 900 Series.

Chris. Guard is very different from the one on my 919H. I do beleive it is part of the setup for the PTO unit. I will know better when I mount the unit. Dave.

There were no guards on those model tractor's attachments. I'm with Chris, that's an engine guard. Now the score on the PTO unit is incredible. Good job.

AWSOME DEAL... that gaurd looks just like one I bought from E-Bay for my 7116H to cover the driveshaft. They may have made slight alterations to use on different applications..? Congrats on a great find dOd

I will defer to the more knowledgable amoung us. Although guard is different than my 919 it also doesn't seem to go with PTO. Probably for a single cyl. Kohler in a 900/7100 series. Dave

Great find and score. It sure helps to have knowledge. The guard is for the single cylinder Briggs:

It's made for the gear tooth type starters. I had to notch the guard for clearance for the S/G belt in my installation.

I think if I'd been at that auction I would have bid anyway seeing that colour. You probably would have had to pay at least #20, even if I didn't know (then) what it is. It wouldn't fit the 620 anyway. Congratulations. Hope you have luck with attachments to run with the PTO.