Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Homelite T10 (AC built?) 36304144

StWeiler

New to the site. Just picked up a Homelite T10 and am struggling to find any information on it. I would love to learn more about this tractor if anyone can point me in the right direction. 1. How to cross reference it to a similar/same model that AC built? 2. How to decipher the serial tag: 36304144 3. I'm in need of a couple new belts but can't seem to be able to find a reference for them (hi/low is slipping) 4. Are rear lift assemblies (sleeve hitch or single point) still available for these? 5. Parking brake works, other brakes do not. Can replacements be had? 6. Was there an exact replica that AC built to reference when parts hunting? I mowed with it today and wow does it cut nice. Not too fond of the steering or lack there of though. A few pics: [IMG]http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n629/StWeiler/homelite.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n629/StWeiler/homelite2.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n629/StWeiler/homelite3.jpg[/IMG]

Thanks for the welcome :D I had already been to that given link and it really didn't offer much in what I'm looking for. Just hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

In the early 70's Allis Chalmers built the Homelite brand and the 300/400 series at the same time, as for part or attachment interchangeability, I don't know. I know one of these guys here would know.

There is no direct cross reference. The AC-built Homelites were a beast all their own. The bevel gear box and transmission would most likely share components with an Allis 700 series or Simplicity 7000 series six speed. The mower decks are similar to those of the AC 300 and 400 Series tractors. The fuel tank, hood, dash are all unique to the homelites. A Simplicity rear lift assembly would work but I'm not certain which tractor would use the same lift rod. I'll try to do some more checking and let you know.

Welcome another Homie owner. Wow, one of the holy grail of A/C Homelites - a snow blower. Do you have the hitch for it? Please post a pic of the front axle of the tractor, there were 2 styles. I have electronic PDF parts manuals for the older type Homelites that I can email you if you send me a PM with your email addie. The files are too big to go through the site PM or email functions.

you can find ANYTHING you need for that tractor. Phandad im sure will chime in here... he knows volumes about these AC built Homelites. they are great tractors and many simplicity / AC parts will intechange with your tractor. take your time... one step at a time and you will be good to go. NICE FIND!!

I have 2 different T-10 parts manuals. One manual lists the dual range belt # as given by Chris727 above (1607967). 2 belts are required. The other parts manual shows part #1606588, which isn't listed at Jack's or in the SimpleTractors belt reference guide. Therefor no size info available. However there is one for sale on eBay atm: http://www.ebay.com/itm/O-HR-BELT-PN-1606588-/190433081726

• 2 weeks later...
should have looked at more pictures before replying. headlights also indicate AC made Simplicities had a guard around the lights. And the shape of the hood is another indicator.

Simplicity hood front, turned upside down. Nice tractor! You should be able to find loads of attachments for it. Love the dashboard. These things have brakes?

• 3 weeks later...
Nice looking machine: I have a '73 AC built T12. Had it for almost 10 years. Hate to tell you what I paid for it; $50. Not as clean as yours though. I have fitted Simplicity 42" blower and plow. Major dif is the width of the hitch as Simplicity didn't want Homelite using there attachments from what I heard. I just have one side of the hitch between the bracket and the other side sits on the side of the other bracket, no problem. I sold off a bunch of Homelite accessories that were in rough shape a while ago. They are really nice machines and I've been able to source quite a few parts. I think 3416 has a bunch of similar parts. Keep us posted.

Well I tinkered around with it a bit trying to get it to NOT grind so much shifting between gears. No it won't GO at all. I tried to adjust everything back to the starting point, but apparently I have something out of alignment. Any info on how to adjust these shuttle shifts? I have 2 new replacement belts I have to install and that looks like it will be a fun time. [IMG]http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n629/StWeiler/linkage2.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n629/StWeiler/linkage1.jpg[/IMG]

Shawn, Welcome to the club. That is a nice Homelite. I have one like it. That tractor drive system is called a "6 speed" by A/C and Simplicity. You need to adjust your clutch so the belts and rear pulleys completely stop turning when the clutch pedal is depressed fully. The idler pulley on the clutch linkage needs to go down until the belts stop. That will eliminate the gear grinding. The two nuts on the clutch rod need to be adjusted forward so this can happen. The guards over the drive and driven pulleys are called belt stops. When you change the belts, they must be re-installed so that they are nearly touching the pulley rim. This will make the belt stop when the clutch pedal is depressed. With the belt stops removed the new belts are not difficult to install. Good luck, Jim

Spent some time today messing around out in the shed. Installed the 2 new belts...very simple. Found the reason for NO GO, but am uncertain how to correct it. Will post pics shortly. Pulled the deck (have a z turn to mow), and installed the snowblower. Need to figure out the belt sizes and routing (don't have either). Gotta dig up some carriage bolts to install the wheel weights and should be ready to do some snow removal this winter.

Ok, if someone could offer up a solution or troubleshooting method to cure this I would appreciate it. The mechanism gets "caught" when depressing the brake/clutch pedal and does not allow it to fully extend, because the little piece below it (with the outter spring) retracts and moves in conjunction with the mechanism. Is there a piece broken or missing that is causing this? Any insight? [IMG]http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n629/StWeiler/spring2.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n629/StWeiler/spring1.jpg[/IMG]

It looks like you need to do something to raise the rod at the front of the bracket to give some clearance for the spring. Welding the bottom of the hole where the rod goes thru might be one option. Over time, parts of the linkage wear and you need to make "adjustments". Without the engine running, raise the seat/fender unit and hold up on the rod while depressing the clutch. This will tell you if my idea will work, or if I am not seeing your problem correctly.sm00

My T-10 has that small spring, also. I do not know what it is for. My rod and large spring are not installed at present. I got the tractor with those parts missing, and have since gathered most parts to complete the 6 speed, just have not taken the time to install them. Wish I could be more helpful. You could try a short piece of 3/8 tubing between the jam nut and washer. That would keep the spring forward enough that it would not hang up.