Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

RayS - Another Honda in a Sovereign...

PhanDad

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Simplicity-Sovereign-Tractor-Hydraulic-Honda-GX620-Engine-/190721177902?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c67de392e I like your install better. sm01

Thanks Bill for the compliments. It would be interesting to see what was done for a grass screen. I know if they bought the spacer for the flywheel from them that it is to short. I had to space mine out an inch further or it would suck grass clippings into the flywheel and put it on the cylinder heads. The motor also would need to be spaced up 7/8" due to crankshaft centerlines. The GX620 Honda is an excellent motor. I wish there was an option for my KO to put a oil cooler on it. Like the one pictured. That motor is a K1 and is a newer engine than mine. The oil cooler probably isn`t neccessary. Just added protection. I have put the oil cooler on both my Kohler Commands. Nice Tractor. It looks like someone got a little stupid with the seat pan though.

Nice machine....nice notes on what to look for on the repower! For some reason I can't see the seat pan photo(s) in the auction, but seems every 1 of 2 3200 series or later machines I have run across has had those stress fractures. Certainly a weak point that should have been corrected anytime after the late '60's. The 3212H I picked up last year was so bad, you sat on the Vickers. I scrapped the pan....wasn't even worth trying to straighten and weld.

• 2 weeks later...
First post here. Sorry for not making an introduction.... I actually just took the drive and checked this tractor out. 800 bucks buys it, but i wasn't sold. Ray was correct about the grass clippings. Where the driveshaft attached to the motor, there was a 1-2'' gap on the screen. I could easily see lots of grass blown up into the cooling fins. The air cleaner element and housing was taking a beating on this motor as well, It was very dirty and the owner said he had to clean it nearly every time he mowed his lot due to grass clippings getting clogged up in it. I do believe it was an acre lot, so it wasn't running all that long. This tractor also had a throttle cable not adjusted properly and there was only the last 20% of throw on the lever controlled the engine. Drive linkage was not adjusted properly and would not creep, it would lurch forward in the neutral position. Hard lines on hydraulic motor leaking bad not sure if fittings or or rings. 600 bucks and i would buy this tractor. snow thrower and rear tiller attachment are worth 350 alone.