Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Just picked up an A/C 716H

Modifier1

I was looking for a parts tractor and bought this 716.(1690211-04536) The PO said the differential was out of it. It came with a front pto, a good 48in deck (just the covers missing)and a 36in blower. It needs a drive shaft (it was missing and he could not find it)I think the differential is OK but the BGB input shaft is shot. The motor runs real good at full throttle but not at idle. It is a K341S spec 4552244 and ser 1933603953 according to the stickers. Looks like the throttle shaft is bad. Would the parts be to expensive to fix it up or just use it for parts. I have a 716H now that runs good. Your opinions would be appreciated. Thanks I will try to get some pics loaded up.

Big question is the missing drive shaft connects to the input shaft on the bgb. A drive shaft should be easy. On bgb, if the shaft itself is ok, you could get away with needle bearing and seal - what else? depends on what you find when you open it, altho you could check play on the driven shaft. You probably also need the couplers/adaptors/disks between the drive shaft and the bgb driven shaft, AND the same again on the engine side of the drive shaft. If the engine side is ok, then it's not bad; but question is about motor not idle well. And is all this stuff related, or just minor single items.???? In otherwords, the potential for trouble is at either end of the missing driveshaft - the driveshaft itself is easy. If trouble is minimal, you have a second tractor. As a parts tractor, it's ideal. just my $.02. Looking forward to pix. sm01 Graham .

If it runs good at high speeds then the poor idle is likely just a dirty or mis-adjusted carb...easy/cheap fix...I'm against butchering a good tractor. but I have not seen it. Is it hydro lift, hydrostst, 6 speed or any redeeming features...if not, that makes it easier to butcher sm01 ps...sounds like some nice extras with it...congrats

It is a hydro, the tractor looks decent. I have not had time to realy dig into it yet. Its been hot here in Minnesota and a few other thing going on. I will try and get some pics up soon so you can check it out. You have to see the blower hitch on this, it totally mystifies me but you guys or gals might figure it out. Larry