Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

That $200 3416H after shakedown.

larry8200

After checking it all out I have to say this is great. Its biggest problems are a chopped battery box and a poor paint job. Vickers is bushed, I believe from factory. Backs up strong and doesn't leak. I pushed out in the woods for over an hour and no sign of seepage at all. Engine runs super, doesn't smoke at all, and charges at 13.8. Muffler has been patched poorly. Has front PTO installed and both center and front work perfect. All 4 tires are different, but in fine shape. Electric lift works as fast as any I have. The 48" mower deck looks good, Only a little minoer pitting on top, and no cracks at all. Haven't run it though. It is for sale "As is" This one is a keeper and maybe the best deal I have ever gotten. It certainly wouldn't take much to get a couple hundred back out of it. In fact I may have already. OK, I DID have to put an S/G belt on it and a solenoid. And neatend up the wiring while I was at it. I have a pair of 62 pound iron weights I might use here. And going to do something with all the painted over decals at some point. That really bugs me. Like fingernails on a blackboard, hurts nothing but is still offensive. But this is already a solid worker, and a keeper. :)

Larry, I agree something is missing without the decals. But all in all it is a great looking tractor. You know if you line all your tractors up on your driveway you won't have to clear it. Just move the tractors after the storm passes and the driveway will be clear. Rick......

quote:
Originally posted by RickS
Larry, ....You know if you line all your tractors up on your driveway you won't have to clear it. Just move the tractors after the storm passes and the driveway will be clear. Rick......
I have done that, and it looks like the body outlines police do at homicide scenes...