Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
D10-Allis

1967 Brinly

D10-Allis
This plow has treated me well for 5 years so I thought I should return the favor.

Took it apart and sand blasted all the parts.

Gave it a shot of "Ivory" and "flat black" Rattle can paint.

polished the hardware, rods and handle.

Decals are from "Vintage decals and graphics"

All hooked up.

and ready for Plowday.

timflury
Awesome job restoring that plow.dOddOd THIS GUY submitted the decal designs to Corey at Vintage. TYVM!!:D:D Glad to see the decals in good use. And really, the plow was pretty easy to restore, yes??

D10-Allis
Thanks guys, The plow is sooo easy to redo, and really how hard is it to mess up Black and white ? The face of the plow had it's own dirt polish, so I left it untouched. (Many miles of memories) Tim, nice job on the Decal Submission, I need to contact Corey at Vintage and see if I can get a Serial number sticker with my serial number on it instead of your serial number. sm01 sm01

Steve72
Really nice Jeff!! Was the original color then A/C yellow? Or did someone paint it yellow and you painted the right color? Mine is exacly like yours and I would like to restore to the original color--which looks like a dirty white--or tan---hard to tell.

D10-Allis
quote:
Originally posted by Steve72
Really nice Jeff!! Was the original color then A/C yellow? Or did someone paint it yellow and you painted the right color? Mine is exacly like yours and I would like to restore to the original color--which looks like a dirty white--or tan---hard to tell.
The original color is some sort of white, (whimbeldon ?) mine was overtaken with surface rust and I blasted all of it off. I sprayed "Almond" and "Flat White" next to each other, To me Almond looked too Tan so I painted it Flat white, Now it looked like chalk and I didn't like it. Then I searched and Found the can of Paint that was hiding on me. I used "Ivory" from True Value Hardware which to me landed between the other two colors. Also have the Decal coming from "Vintage" with my serial number on it, You need to ask for it or you will end up with Tim's year and serial number....:D

timflury
My plow looked a lot like yours Jeff before the restoration. I soaked all my parts in my electrolysis tank, one by one. I used Canvas White Rust-Oleum, and Duplicolor DE 1613? I believe, Gloss Black Engine enamel. I bought all new fasteners from Fastenal. The paint is holding up pretty well after a couple of years now. I keep my plow in the shed when I'm not using it. I also slather on a thin film of grease to protect the face of the moldboard. I'll try to get out this weekend and snap some photos from here, http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=122457

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Picacho
    • Talntedmrgreen
    • 720nut
    • a_sannine
    • wsherm
  • Today's Birthdays

No users celebrating today
  • Recent Status Updates

• Bubba1997

Bubba1997

Searching for a Sleeve hitch and breaking plow and other equipment if price is right and also a deck for a B1 thank you 
      · 3 replies
    • Dean McFadden

Dean McFadden

Good morning peeps! I’m always searching for helpful information with my AC collection. Hope to find out new information and pass on my own experience in restoration. Here are some pics of my babies. I’m still looking for front rims for the 410 so yesterday I put the 310 wheels on took it for a drive. Working pretty good but still needs some carb work. Gotta get the 310 running next. Have a great day!😁

· 1 reply
  • Adverts