Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Rear Hitch receiver

maxwood

Hello, I had an extra rear hitch for my sovereign so I welded a 1 1\2 in square tube on it to accept a 1 1\4 inch receiver hitch. I mostly use a pin for my yard trailers, but can put on a ball hitch if needed I can put the original back on if needed. The square tube does not interfere with the sleeve hitch

Thank's Ken in Mi

What year/model is your tractor? I find with my trailer pinned to the standard one-hole wonder, that it's very easy to jacknife the trailer and bend the drawbar. Your setup would tend to prevent that since it's out and away from the hitchframe. The pin itself is interesting - did you make that or buy that? Do you have a closeup of the pin? I haven't found a decent pin for mine; they are all too long, too short, too thin, too thick, and too much slop and slack. I like your pin because the trailer would rest on it; but I wonder if the height would tilt the trailer to the rear, which could tend to unweight the rear wheels of the tractor when towing a heavy load, especially uphill. That's a problem I have with my stock config. Load arranging to make front heavy is needed. Really I blame the trailer manuf for this - moving the wheels rearward to create tongue-weight is the real issue. (agrifab utility 15, 1200# rating) You must have the Simp "One Point Hitch" sleeve hitch. The one I have is the rectangular type, and this would interfere with that type - a minor issue, since it's removable. Option for ball is cool. Nice work. Looks good. Thank you for the show. dOd

Hello,the Sovereign is year 2000 (1693409) repowered with 16 H.P. briggs Vanguard. The pin was a 3\4 bolt that I turned down on my lathe (one of my favorite tools) My sleeve hitch is the rectangular one Thank's Ken in Mi

quote:
Originally posted by maxwood
Hello,the Sovereign is year 2000 (1693409) repowered with 16 H.P. briggs Vanguard. The pin was a 3\4 bolt that I turned down on my lathe (one of my favorite tools) My sleeve hitch is the rectangular one Thank's Ken in Mi
ahh gee, that's not fair. :D But I noticed the unique qualities. thx for reply. even nicer now. sm01