Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Axle seals

huffy

I ordered new rear axle seals for my '67 2012 through Jacks. That was over 2 months ago, and I'm still periodically getting e-mails saying they're on backorder. Local Simp dealer doesn't have them. Anybody know of somewhere else I can order them from? I'm not knocking Jack's, they've always been good to me, but I'd kind of like to get these things swapped out and the leakage stopped as soon as I can.

Sometimes lots of parts get tied up on a dock somewhere. If Briggs is distributing these parts, they're most likely purchased by a company like SEPW and the like. I would call Jack's and ask them, "Back ordered from where??" and try to give them a call and see if someone can go out to the dock and grab what you need. I worked for me a few years ago when I was trying to buy a 398811 Magnetron coil and as sure as anything, the parts were all bought but the lady on the phone helping me went out to the dock and grabbed one out of the box for me.

There's only 1 Simplicity dealer near me. He doesn't have them. And he said that if they're on backorder through Jack's he probably couldn't get them ordered in any faster. Might just have to keep doing what I've been doing; parking over oil dry and topping it off before each use.

Did you try calling Sandy Lake? Do a dealer locator search on www.simplicitymfg.com and make some phone calls surely someone can ship them to you, or: www.wellsimplement.com www.sandylakeimp.com www.bertelssales.com www.sepw.com (Tennies Hardware) Any of the above stores likely have them on hand and will ship them. You might also try a bearing supply or industrial supply house. If I recall, the seal is 1.75" I.D. and 2" O.D.