Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
yukon

zero turn

yukon
well i went and done it i crossed over to the dark side. i went and bought a zero turn and i fell in love with it. it mowed great and cut beautiful i only hit one tree i think thats not to badsm00.thing is i still love my sovereigns even if they have a steering wheel heres some pics its a champion with a 20 kohler single cylinder.

MysTiK
Nice. Can you show any pix of how the deck is mounted? Is it suspended, full float, or ?? Also, how tall is max mowing height? I think they go pretty high. I'm also wondering how long it took to get used to the steering. I buzzed one around a dealer parking lot once; but took it pretty easy. I'd expect maybe an hour to get comfy with it, and maybe a few mows to really relax with it. Is it comfy at speed? sorry, too many questions, kinda interested. sm01

jmhusby
Getting used to one isn't bad if you drive it around a while before mowing or mow where there isn't anything to to run over for a while. My grandson got on the Scag my son uses to cut empty lots and went right to town. Of course he drives a stick shift so he is used to using both hands. The first time I used my neighbors Dixon years ago I eliminated going around several small pine treesXX(XX(.