Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Help with B12 SG Belt

bowhunt4life

Okay, I picked up a B12 earlier this summer. I noticed the SG belt was a 1/2 by 38 and it was to wide, wouldn't fit in the motor belt groove. I went to the manual and looked and manual said 1/2 by 38 belt. Looked at my Big Ten and B10 and saw a 3/8 by 38 belt on the SG. I went to the motor on the B12 and al I could read on the motor shroud was 300421 1 the rest was covered under debris and the frame. I tried a 3/8x38 on the B12 and it was to short. [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v374/55chevy/b12c.jpg[/IMG] Any thoughts on what motor I have or the correct 3/8x ?? SG Belt? Is a 12hp SG belt the same size as a 10hp SG Belt? Help as I don't have a mower until I get the B12 back up an running. Thanks, Chris

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• littlemarv
    • Ronald Hribar
    • Tommysbuilders
    • NandoG
    • Austin
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts