Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Brinly Plow Done

JimH

Here are some pics of an old Brinly plow I have been working on. Hoping to have my sleeve hitch by sept 30th so I can participate in a plow day sponsored by the local John Deere 2cyl club.
[img]/club2/attach/JimH/Resize1.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/JimH/Resize2.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/JimH/Resize3.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/JimH/Resize4.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/JimH/Resize5.jpg[/img]

I used Rustoleum canvas white. I sold the Landlord. I have an Allis HB-212 I just finished restoring and that will be pulling the Brinly.
quote:
Originally posted by D10-Allis
Nice job Jim what color white did you end up using? are you using the Landlord to plow with?

Jim, That's a nice job on that plow. It will look great on the HB-212. Your old Landlord is patiently waiting for snow. I last had it started in May to move to it's summer resting spot. It ran well.dOd

• 2 weeks later...
Got the sleeve hitch today. Got the plow mounted up and gona take Hb-212 and plow to good friend Gene Preston's place tomorrow to see how it does. Want to experiment with it before Plow Day this sun. A few pics.
[img]/club2/attach/JimH/For tractor web site.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/JimH/Tractor web site 1.jpg[/img]

[img]
[img]/club2/attach/JimH/For Tractor Web site3.jpg[/img]

VERY nice! Beatiful work and beautiful machine! (I like the black wheel weights on there...and Canvas White is my favorite) Must be an early Brinly too, which is neat. Has an early style adjuster, and the later one's didn't have that support behind the share, from what I've seen. The hitch point is non-adjustable as well. A sharp, nicely kept plow for sure! Can't wait to hear your test run results...

Got to try the plow out today at my friend Gene's place. The link below show pics of our fun day. Gene is on his Cub Cadet 124. The biggest problem I was having was keeping the plow straight behind the tractor. Shorting the lift chain seemed to help some. Any ideas anyone? https://plus.google.com/photos/113449518152412749870/albums/5792215702304736737

That looks like fun, Jim. How did the Vickers work for plowing? You both seem to be rolling dirt quite well. I think both tractors plowing jobs got better as you worked and adjusted. Good job.

Jim and Josh, thank's for your comments. Jim, the vickers did well. The problem I'm having is getting the plow to follow straight behind the tractor which I can control somewhat. Also noticed left wheel spin with the plow down deep. I am borrowing heavier weights (48#ea) for the plow day this weekend. Hope that helps. Josh, Gene's neighbor Doug did the pics and yes he does a nice job. We weren't giving the tractors a real workout, as the soil at Gene's is soft. The plow day we are attending has some tuff turf, that's why I think I need more weight. Also the plow share is not shinned up yet on my plow which I have been told makes the plow pull harder. We will see.

That looks like alot of fun Jim and I'm glad the hitch worked well. It is nice to finally put a face to your name and hope you have fun this weekend!dOd Dan

Jim, looks great... I adjust mine such that when parked on level concrete surface the rearmost bar next to the ground is about and inch and a half off the ground... have fun this weekend

Chris, thank's for the info on the adjustment. I am borrowing a set of 48lb ea weights from the lawn and garden dealer where I work. Should take care of the traction problem.
quote:
Originally posted by sammiefish
Jim, looks great... I adjust mine such that when parked on level concrete surface the rearmost bar next to the ground is about and inch and a half off the ground... have fun this weekend