Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

One Owner A/C 416S

JimDk

Another piece of village history came to live in my barn. This one donated by the original owner's son. It is in nice condition. It needs a seat and a good cleaning. I plan to pretty it up and put in the parade for Utica's 150th anniversary celebration in 2013. Mr. Lee Snyder bought it in 1974 from Sandy Lake Implement. It was used by him until he died, then by his son until 5 years ago. It was always stored inside.
[img]/club2/attach/JimDk/Leftsiders.jpg[/img]

Talntedmrgreen
Very cool! Pretty neat to have those replica's of such a prominate club sponsor. Wonder how many others have original Sandy Lake paperwork?

Thx for the show. It's good to see a representative 74 AC that's been stored indoors and a 1-owner. Kinda like - yup - this is what a 74 should look like. And this in likely sharp contrast to one that's been trashed and abused. Pix show the original colours paint well. And it's always good to see a good protective layer of dust. Have fun making it pretty. Graham . edit = Note the 1700 rpm idle speed, on the pre-delivery sheet. My 716H manual calls for the same. I wonder how many people actually set it there. That's the AC spec. The Kohler spec is I think 1200. But the AC is a 'specific application' of the Kohler. I don't know what the briggs spec is.

Awsome find!!! Congrats on the tractor and original paper too! Does it have Electric Lift? Mower deck looks straight/solid too... nice find dOddOd

Thanks, all. The tractor is showing use, but not abuse. Mr Snyder had a large lawn, and his son now owns the property and continued to mow the large lawn. If my math is not too fuzzy, that would be 33 years. The electric lift is there, but does not work, the carb needs rebuilt plus some other tinkering jobs. Some elbow grease and rubbing compound followed by a coat of wax will help the body parts. I may re-paint the wheels and deck, which is solid and quiet. I do like the paper work. The operator's manual for the tractor and deck, and all the receipts for every part that was bought from SLI are included.

Unfortunatly, the original invoice was not included, so I can not answer that question about the MSRP. I agree that would be intersting to know. I can tell you that the short drive belt for the shuttle cost $6.32 in 1981.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks, Marty. I hope that you are feeling better. A well tuned heart is just like a fine running Briggs engine. Mine is ticking over better since my quad bypass. The 416S has a replaced carb ( I just happened to have one in the barn ), and is running well, also. For a Kohler, that is. :)