Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
jsarro

Hooked up a rear plow to the 3112V

jsarro
It sure is nice having a club member close by you can count on. After joining the Simple Tractors Club, I met another member Jon Zink. He lives 1.5 miles from me, and we have become friends. He has been very generous loaning me implements. Jon came over last Friday and we installed his rear plow on my 3112V. I am doing some loam yard prep for grass seed, and I was hoping to break up the packed dirt with the plow. The plow worked great, but I kept getting stuck on the roots from trees I cut down last year. We still had a great time installing and trying this implement out. What a blast! Here it is installed:

Here I am getting ready to put it to use:

Thanks for viewing!

MysTiK
Really cool, Jack. I should mow my back yard with one of those. sm01 Was trying to figure how you hitched it; but finally noticed the 'one point' hitch, simp's version of the sleeve hitch. Would that plow work for running 1" pvc pipe about 6" in the ground? kinda like a quick trench? I imagine it would. (scheming). nice humungous shaggy shrub in the last pix background - what's that? or maybe it's not a shrub?

perry
you needed some chains or Ag tire's for traction. would have made a big difference. always fun dropping a plow in the ground :)
[img]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l226/perry71/OCTpics002.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l226/perry71/garden002.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l226/perry71/garden004.jpg[/img]

jsarro
Thanks Guys for the feedback! Graham, Yeah it is fun ripping up dirt with this tool. If the ground was not loaded with heavy large tree roots you definetly could trench and lay pipe with this for sure. That wild bush is actually a ornamental grass. I will get you some pics of it soon.

jsarro
Perry, awesome work and photos!dOd It looks like your field had been cultivated in the past. The ground I was working with recently had some very old large trees on it. My entire plow was going underneath some roots that had 4" diameters at least. I do own chains and they certainly would have given me more traction, but I don't think these roots were budging with my 700lb machine. Thanks for adding to the thread! You definitely look experienced at this. dOd

jsarro
Nick, thanks for the kind words! You are right, having another member close by is priceless! What are the odds there would be a member so close by? I found Jon by accident. A few months back I was reading a thread on mounting guns on tractors. Jon had posted a great pic of a large dead raccoon, showing that they were not cute fuzzy little bears. I said who is this guy? I looked at his profile, and could not believe he was in my town. I said wow! and got a hold of him.

simple-kid
Well really I owe it all to this member, I wouldn't have 12 tractors if it wasn't for him. Once I saw his Landlord 101 watching the land, sitting in his yard, I said I really want one of those. That's how it all started!! It's funny bumping into members while going to look at a tractor to! lol. It's happened twice to me. Good luck with the land plow!!!

Talntedmrgreen
Thanks for sharing...great to have someone local to share with. I'm constantly suprised by how many members are local to me...within a county or two. You wouldn't believe how many you can meet and catch up with if you're willing to drive a couple hours. (I've burned enough gasoline that I now own a couple potholes on the highway in both Indiana and Ohio)

jsarro
Thanks Josh and John. John thanks for all your help getting me started with Simplicity. Yes I am having a lot fun with these old tractors. The 3112 nicely cut the grass all summer. Now I am using it to pull trailer's full of split wood. We can not forget tractor rides for the kids, soon to be hay rides. Hopefully, I will blow some snow or plow with it this winter.

jsarro
Reed, my friend Jon and I were very impressed at how well the plow was digging in. If there were no big tree roots, there was no holding this plow back. We adjusted the angle via the sleeve hitch, and it really dug in deep. Would be a lot of fun in an open field, for sure! dOd

GLPointon
Just my luck...Way too far to drive. I also just saw an all original Simplicity Dump Cart w/the tailgate in Chicago Craigslist for $25 but its like 2 1/2 hrs away (5hr round trip :() IF ANYBODY IS CLOSER GET IT OR IF IT DONT SELL THERE GONNA SCRAP IT!
quote:
Originally posted by ReedS
Greg to bad your not closer, I have an Allis plow looking for a home! Jack these plows can really dig especially in loose soil (without the tree roots)!

Sign in to follow this