Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
CVSB10JCS

AC B208 or Simplicity 727 Snowplow Rod

timflury
Tell us more, They are made from 1/2" rod. It's one of those parts that never seem to follow the plow when it finds a new home. I do know that there is a slight bend in the rod about 2/3 they way from the lift arm to the hole on the hitch.

PaulK
I think I have one for my 3112 Sovereign. . I'll measure it now... My snowplow lift rod is made of half-inch rod. The blade end has a 90 degree bend, the inside length of the bent part is 1". It has a hole & cotter pin 3/16" in from the end, to keep it attached to the plow arm. The rod itself, including the bend, is twenty five and a half inches long. The straight end is threaded, and has a fork casting screwed onto it. A bolt goes through holes in the end of the fork to conect with the lever's lifting arm. The whole assembly is 27 and a quarter inches long - but could be longer if you unthreaded the fork to account for individual setups. I was going to say mine was straight and did not have a bend.... but it does. The sort of bend you could put in it by putting the ends on some 2x4's and whacking on the middle with a sledgehammer. This probably helps the rod avoid things like the starter motor, but it is only something like a quarter inch out of true over the whole length., so don't go crazy with the hammer before checking it for fit. Maybe the thing got bent from the plow running into a fencepost. You'd want to eye it carefully to make sure before you bend anything. No snow here yet, so mine isn't hitched up at the moment to be more definite.