Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
mroman59

hydraulic actuator to snow blade?

mroman59
has anyone tried to mount a hydraulic actuator to their snow blade for right and left movement? If so, do you have any instructions on how to? I have a 7117H tractor and I am using a snow blade from a 6216. The question is, is it worth the trouble and expense. I have to get off my tractor and manually turn the blade right to left. I know there is probably a "pull rod" that I can mount to it which would be simple, but I was wondering if I made a quick disconnect to the actuator, I could use it for controlling a home made johnny bucket at the same time. Thoughts are appreciated. Mike

OrangeMetalGuy
Let us know if you come up with a good solution. I have considered this myself, the actuators used, for example, on the Johnny Bucket would seem to be sturdy enough to take the pounding. I was going to try and bolt one on but haven't come across an actuator yet...

MysTiK
It seems to me the ability to take 'pounding' (or 'hold') is represented by the spec rating "static load" of the actuator. Other specs are about movement loads, lengths, etc. They also need mounts. They also need a controller and better controllers are usually recommended for durability. Beyond mounts, lengths, & controllers, it's a study in performance - the two 'load' specs. Of course, price is a factor too.