Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Landloard bagger question

mroman59

I put my bagger for a 6216 tractor on craigslist for sale. A guy just called me and was interested in a bagger for his Landloard and wanted me to find out if mine would fit on his tractor. I am in the process of trying to find the model no. of my bagger. I misplaced the booklet that went with it. I dont think that the unit will fit on his tractor, but I am not sure. Does anyone know what the model no. of a landlord bagger is? On his phone message all he said was that he had a 44" deck. Thanks, Mike

Thanks Ray, the link you gave me says that the bagger is mfg. no. 1692029 for the Landlord. I found my booklet for the 6216 and it says mfg No. 1691810 & mfg. no. 1691998. I think the two different numbers on the manual is because the manual was written for 42" and 48" deck. My deck was a 48 inch cut. The book does not specify which number goes with each deck size. I am not sure what the difference is between the two numbers, but I assume it is most likely the belt size on the turbo blower and/or the opening size of the deck, which could mean that there is a different turbo unit for each deck. The landlord bagger looks identical to my bagger in the photos, but there has to be some differences it there is a different mgf. no. I dont know how to tell whether my bagger can be adapted to fit his landlord. The only thing I can do is call Simplicity and ask them if they are interchangeable and what the differences are between the two. Or the guy would have to bring his tractor over to see if it fits. Any suggestions on whether there is some way to tell how compatible they may be? Thanks, Mike

Ray, I just checked my manual for my bagger, its just a operators manual, not a parts manual so I cant compare any parts list and see how many of the items match. if I go briggs document site , should i be able to put in the bagger model no. and pull up parts list like the one you sent me? thanks

http://www.simplicitymfg.com/manuals/index.cfm?rd=1 you should be able to plug in all your manufacturer numbers here and figure out the differences ;)

quote:
Originally posted by mroman59
Ray, I just checked my manual for my bagger, its just a operators manual, not a parts manual so I cant compare any parts list and see how many of the items match. if I go briggs document site , should i be able to put in the bagger model no. and pull up parts list like the one you sent me? thanks
Yes, Is yours a twin catcher? The catcher on the back is more than likely the same. The deck chute wont be. Download the parts manuals and compare the numbers. That is what I would do.

Ray, yes, it is a twin catcher and it has the turbo blower assembly. I was wondering if turbo blower would be the same. I could not find a part no. for the turbo unit for comparison, but I did see a breakdown of all the parts for it. I will go back and check again. I will have to do a thorough parts comparison to find out for sure, if I want to unload it to the caller. He has a bagger on his john deere but not his Landlord. he as determined that he likes his simplicity better and wants to unload the john deere, but needs the bagger before doing so. rokon, thanks for the link!

The turbo is 1691810 it is for both 42" and 48" right hand discharge deck. 1691998 is also a turbo for a 42" and 48" deck. Simplicity is good for changing the Mfg. No. on an attachment or tractor from year to year. They do this instead of using model year. Which makes since in away. The higher the number the later it was made. The confusing thing about this is they may be the exact same. On the newer style decks the turbos will fit the 38", 44" and 50" decks. 1692029 is for a landlord . I bought the same one this year and put it on my Prestige. Prestige has a 50" deck. So did the Landlord it cam off of. I still ended up having to buyer different drive pulleys even though they had the 50" deck. I paid $20 for a complete twin catcher setup with turbo off of Craigslist. Since the pulley and a few other minors parts were different I had another $85 in it. I would check the parts numbers between the two manuals I listed and if the part numbers are different between the two manuals and Jack`s website doesn`t show that a number has been superceded to a newer number I would say they are different. I know the turbo is different between the 42" - 48" style deck and the newer 44" deck. The twin catcher itself is pretty much universal. The catcher brackets that mount it to the frame are different as well for the 6500 series and the Landlord. http://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/default.aspx?filename=heCBEN8.wI6rE8Cvh5kbp796Dq

Thanks Ray from my little bit of research I believe that the buyer would have to get a different tubor to fit his 44" deck and since mine is made for the 42/48 6000 series decks the buyer may not be interested because I bet the turbo unit is expensive. I noticed on these catcher units, some do not have the turbo, how well do they work without them. Could the buyer buy just the chute that fits on the end of his deck and then adapt it to the catcher and tubing and still work pretty good? MR

There are turbos on ebay all the time for the 44" deck that are reasonably priced. I bought a spare for mine on ebay for $65 in the summer time and it is like new. If you look in the parts manual at the upright pieces that hold the twin catcher up and the bracket that it fastens to the frame are different part numbers. A 6216 has a narrower frame than a Landlord. I have a twin catcher here for a Regent. Which is very similar to your 6216 and I bought one for my Prestige that came off of a Landlord. They are different. Buying parts to adapt can expensive real quick. The only thing that are the same is the bags and the hood cover for the twin bagger.