Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
tacomac

mouse trap

tacomac
Last year I made a trap from a 5 gal bucket, drill holes on each side to run a 1/2 inch dowell from one side to the other about one inch from the top of the bucket, use a small can and drill a hole though each end so that the dowel will slip through the can. Put about 2 inches of water in the bottom of the bucket, than spread peanut butter on the can. The mice crawl on the can, the can rolls and the mice fall into the bucket and drown. I caught ten on the first day. Be sure to dump the bucket regulary as it get smelly.

rpickle
I was going to use a similar contraption to catch/kill chipmunk. They decimated our sweet potato's last year. A little less involved though. I was going to use a 5-7 gallon bucket, put a gallon or so of water in the bottom, put enough sunflower seeds to cover the top of the water completely. Then lay a 2x4 up to the top of the bucket. They jump in thinking the seeds are on hard ground. Ooopps...

Vinnie_A
I used the tin can method at our gun club. The members laughed about it till 2 days later and there were 8 mice in there. it does work great and beats spending all that money on mice poison.

Talntedmrgreen
Yup, we use it for gophers here. I enjoy shooting them better, but this gets the job done when I'm not around. }:) I also have one that works on a minnow-trap concept, where they climb into a plexiglass cone, and cannot get back out. They obviously do not 'speak mouse' to each other, becuase there is usally a half dozen in there running around. Drop it in teh creek for a few minutes, then empty.