Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

L12 Loader Whinning Sound??

bowhunt4life

I went to start moving some horse manure and noticed a high pitched whinning sound when I would would raise the loader arms or raise the bucket, only when raising and lifting. I checked the fluid it was a little low so I filled to the appropriate level and still get the whinning sound. I greased the zerks and am wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how to stop the whinning sound? Sounds like it is coming from the control box. [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v374/55chevy/b10loader.jpg[/IMG]

Well I changed the fluid and ran it for an hour or so loading manure and she seems to be back to normal. I think it was a cry for attention and it worked.:D

There is, if you didn't know about it, a screen on the inlet (suction) side of the pump. It is located at the reservoir (actually in the reservoir) Probably wouldn't hurt to check it for debris if it's even there. I had to make a new one from 10 micron(IIRC) screen for mine. Just a thought.

Generally when a hyd pump whines , it comes from aerated oil and a tell tale is the oil foaming which also tells you that it is low. Once the level is returned to normal , the system will self purge. Just like power steering when it is low.;)

quote:
Originally posted by bowhunt4life
Well I changed the fluid and ran it for an hour or so loading manure and she seems to be back to normal. I think it was a cry for attention and it worked.:D
Glad you got it fixed. I'm also glad to see you keep posting about all the use you're getting out of your loader. I've played with mine a bit, but have been too busy with work to put it to use doing some of the yard projects that I had planned for it. At least I get to live vicariously through you, Josh, and some of the others that actually get some quality seat time on your loader tractors.