Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
rokon2813

Not my "cup of tea" but feels pretty good anyway

rokon2813
You know those one time customers that you never see or hear from again? Were they happy, satisfied, disgruntled, just plain P.O'd ??? Fella called me today.. I'm so and so, you sold me some parts way back, remember? (year and a half ago I think??) Um kinda :I (I remember the parts, not the person) Well I blew my engine, just bought a brand new machine, and you treated me well, thought you were a nice guy, dealer wouldn't take it in trade and everyone told me to scrap it. I wanna give it to you, come get it. Hope you can make something from it. I...Um...Thank you... (totally at a loss for words) No idea what model, has to be A/C or Simp if I sold him parts so lets go for a ride.... He kept his brand new battery, but gave me the discharge chute, spare set of freshly sharpened blades, and complete copy of the parts manual, and helped me push it on the truck. Say's he bought it brand new 23 years ago, gonna miss it, bought a brand new Broadmoor. It's not a foot dragger but.....

SimplicitySwede
Free is Free. Its neat he bought it new. Getting it for free you can put money into it resell it and not loose any maybe. Is that considered a GT? They have 6 inch front wheels but 12 inch rears though right?

GrincheyOne
quote:
Originally posted by SimplicitySwede
Free is Free. Its neat he bought it new. Getting it for free you can put money into it resell it and not loose any maybe. Is that considered a GT? They have 6 inch front wheels but 12 inch rears though right?
Swede, it looks like a sibling to my 4212LTG, where the rears are 16-8.50-8.00 wheels on keyed shafts. The fronts are 6 inch. Certainly not a FDT, and not really a RBT either. Cuts grass like a Simplicity, and has a tight turn radius (good for a forested property like mine).( an early Regent). Check my Gallery. I hope Dan has fun with it. After all the price was right! Wayne

Brettw
I think the recognition from the customer is what is really great about this. To get a solid confirmation that people do recognize what you do for them is worth more than the tractor. Not that I would turn down the free tractor ......8D

MysTiK
quote:
Originally posted by Brettw
I think the recognition from the customer is what is really great about this. To get a solid confirmation that people do recognize what you do for them is worth more than the tractor. Not that I would turn down the free tractor ......8D
Yup. Really nice. A fine gesture. And a reward. dOd sm01

Kent
My neighbor in MA had a 5212H (same machine, I think) with the turbo boost on it. Very nice mowing tractor. Handles a snowblower or blade well also. Certainly a big step up from the 4XXX series... Good deal for you, and as was said, great confirmation of your customer relationship and business practices...

rokon2813
I have not had much time to check it out, but I did get the numbers off it. It is a 1691468 so 6500 series. I guess if they used that number, it would equate to a 6512 or 6512.5. It has a 42" deck. The front of the deck has been welded, he said by a professional welder and looks good, and he said it had "upgraded" heavier tie rod ends. The flywheel spins freely by hand, no compression whatsoever:O I have not reached underneith yet to see if the other end of the crank turns, but I'm guessing not. I am pleased and proud of the customer recognition. The vast majority of my advertising locally is "word of mouth". I'd have to say, I have some quality advertising in his area :D:D

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online (See full list)

• 720nut
  • Today's Birthdays

No users celebrating today
  • Recent Status Updates

• Bubba1997

Bubba1997

Searching for a Sleeve hitch and breaking plow and other equipment if price is right and also a deck for a B1 thank you 
      · 3 replies
    • Dean McFadden

Dean McFadden

Good morning peeps! I’m always searching for helpful information with my AC collection. Hope to find out new information and pass on my own experience in restoration. Here are some pics of my babies. I’m still looking for front rims for the 410 so yesterday I put the 310 wheels on took it for a drive. Working pretty good but still needs some carb work. Gotta get the 310 running next. Have a great day!😁

· 1 reply
  • Adverts