Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

3410H

I am buying a Landlord 3410h. It has no light on it. Does anyone know if the lights for the landlord 3400 series were optional or not? I rather like the look of this style lights and would like to find a set if anyone wants to part with them.I now have a soveriegn 18 hydro, this 3410H Landlord , a 728 Broadmoor, And a 707 Broadmoor. S.W.M.B.O. is getting a little bothered by my need to tinker. I am also kicking around the Idea of making a pulling tractor. Which Setup would be best Hydro?, Vari-drive?, Shuttle?. Or Gear?. Sorry for those who do not know S.W.M.B.O. is She Who Must Be Obeyed. Got To Love'em For what they put up With.

Headlights apparantly were optional on the 3300/3400 series Simplicities. I have seen tractors with and without them. This series had the four small headlights, two on each side, mounted on the outside of the hood. These were not bolt on, to adapt over you would involve a cutting torch and a welder, not a good idea. Your best option would be to find a used hood. I have one off of a 7016 which would work. Used hoods for the 3300/3400/7000 series simplicities and the corresponding AC's are plentiful due to the fact that a lot of shuttle trans tractors get parted out. As far as pulling, Mr. dlc has been very successful at pulling Simplicities! Dave, would you please write up an article explaining how someone could get into pulling? I am sure a lot of us would like to hear the details of your pulling exploits!

I have been very successful with a Big Ten with the three speed transmission. The grand kids pull in 750 and 850# and I pull it in 1050 and 1150#. If you are going to pull a hydro I would go for the biggest engine you can get away with. They soak up a lot of power at low speeds. I never get the ten H.P. Briggs above 3/4 throttle on the manual trans. My $.02 worth. Ron

I have been very successful with a Big Ten with the three speed transmission. The grand kids pull in 750 and 850# and I pull it in 1050 and 1150#. If you are going to pull a hydro I would go for the biggest engine you can get away with. They soak up a lot of power at low speeds. I never get the ten H.P. Briggs above 3/4 throttle on the manual trans. My $.02 worth. Ron